mIRC trade posting with Ninja

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mIRC trade posting with Ninja

Are there any mIRC script aficionados in this forum? I am looking for someone to kick start me with a mIRC script that will watch my Ninja log file and post my limit orders, entries, stops and fills into an IRC channel automatically.

I don't think that this will be too difficult because the log file which records the actions that you take on Ninja can be scanned and new entries posted into 1 or more IRC channels. If anybody has a skeleton script that does something similar then please let me have it and I'll try and modify it to do the job.

Also:

Would anybody else find this type of script useful?

imported post

YES YES YES!!!!! Imagine an IRC channel that just has user nick, time stamp, and execution (it could be that with trailings and brackets would be too much info scrolling thru channel too fast) ...........

I'm telling ya as an ex floor trader... thats what is goin on in the pit....everyone watches everyone else and is paying attention to who's who and what their doing. One of the first books I read about markets was that old famous one from 1920's by Livermoore I think it was.....he said: find the guy thats always wrong and always trade with him<g>....

I would LOVE an IRC channel that posts nicks, trades and time stamp .....trades talk bulls__t walks......

Comment

imported post

trymph wrote:
      it could be that with trailings and brackets would be too much info scrolling thru channel too fast

If there was too much info then you could always limit the script just to show the original entry and trade management strategy so, for example, the script would show that you had 1/3 position trailing at 2 points etc. when you open the trade and then you wouldn't actually have to post each change for the trailing.

I'm thinking along the lines of something simple yet accurate and timely.

Comment

imported post

Sounds like a fantastic idea, however, I am fairly certain it will take a little bit of programming on Ninjatraders end. I would be more than happy to beta test something out or help design or test anything out.

guy- what network and channels do you monitor?

Comment

imported post

KuJaX wrote:
          ....I am fairly certain it will take a little bit of programming on Ninjatraders end....

Hi KuJaX,

I don't think that Ninja itself needs to be touched in anyway. What the mIRC script would do is watch the LOG file that Ninja writes to the hard disk and each time the timestamp changes it would read the new lines out of the file and parse the lines to see what has happened. Depending on the text in the line it would parse that line and extract the relevant details and post those into the chat room.

However, if Ray is reading this and is interested in helping this particular project go forward then it would be really useful if Ninja wrote out a CSV or other formatted transaction history log that perhaps has numbers at the beginning of each line which denote the type of entry to make it easier to parse. This would open up the Ninja transaction log file for further processing by other systems and (IMO) make Ninja a more competitive (can it possibly get any better? It's already the best by far...) trading platform.

Kujax: I hang out in the #emini and #t1 channels on Othernet.

Comment

imported post

guy wrote:
            KuJaX wrote:
            ....I am fairly certain it will take a little bit of programming on Ninjatraders end....

Hi KuJaX,

I don't think that Ninja itself needs to be touched in anyway. What the mIRC script would do is watch the LOG file that Ninja writes to the hard disk and each time the timestamp changes it would read the new lines out of the file and parse the lines to see what has happened. Depending on the text in the line it would parse that line and extract the relevant details and post those into the chat room.

However, if Ray is reading this and is interested in helping this particular project go forward then it would be really useful if Ninja wrote out a CSV or other formatted transaction history log that perhaps has numbers at the beginning of each line which denote the type of entry to make it easier to parse. This would open up the Ninja transaction log file for further processing by other systems and (IMO) make Ninja a more competitive (can it possibly get any better? It's already the best by far...) trading platform.

Kujax: I hang out in the #emini and #t1 channels on Othernet.

Cool, I will stop by those channels this weekend or monday sometime. What name do you go by in that channel? I would love to try and work something out to get this working. It would be a great tool

Comment

imported post

UnimaginativelyI use the same name as here (guy) which is also my real name. If I'm not careful then one day someone may steal my name and start using it themselves.

Comment

imported post

bump'n this up to see if we can get it in version 5

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jpapa, Today, 07:22 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM