Was my stop too tight ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was my stop too tight ?

Something bad happened just now... please look at the attached chart. Second entry shown 2 x FDAX short @ 7161.5.

T1 hit @ 7151 +21 ticks then 2 stop orders execute @ 7149.5, leaving me long 1 contract instead of flat.

I fail to notice this for approximately 80 seconds, after which I flatten the position for an extracurricular loss of -21 ticks, so instead of making 21 + 24 = 45 ticks (EUR 562.50 gross), I make 24 ticks, ie. EUR 300. But my DOM is showing 413.10 (I don't normally look at the DOM total, but I might as well ask about this now : does it think the DAX is traded in dollars ?)

Is this just a case of fast market movement triggering the first target and then moving too fast for NT to cancel one stop ? If so, I need to rearrange my ATM settings (see attached). You will note that when +21 T1 is hit, the stop has moved to a 5 tick trail @ 8 tick frequency, BUT as this occurs when T1 is filled, surely it should simultaneously have cancelled one of the two stops ?

.. of course, I've missed much more than the -21 whilst typing this post as the market has rebounded beautifully... such is the life of a trader.

J.

PS. ATM Stop settings in next post.
    Attached Files

Stop settings
    Attached Files

Comment

Well, I see the trades were only one hundredth of a second apart, but I thought NT7 operated in milliseconds !?

Please tell Ray to make NT8 faster...

Attached Files

Comment

Hello jtrade,

Can you please send me your log file for today that reflects the trade in question so I can investigate what happened. You can find log files at the following location.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110302 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum post.

The PnL display in the SuperDOM will display realized PnL for the account you have selected. Could it be you made more trades that would justify the realized PnL of 413.10. Do you perhaps have commissions setup that contribute to the realized PnL?

The SuperDOM PnL display reflects Euro's on my end when trading the FDAX in NinjaTrader 7.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Belfortbucks  
        Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes