delayed zenfire data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alfred View Post
    Large major lags in Zen Data today on the NQ spikes down at 8:01 and 8:07am Pacific...when comparing to TradeStation tick data in NQ on a similar computer...volume was not that all that heavy so expected no lag.......data caught up by 8:16am or so...

Anyone else notice similar ??

Thanks...
    Had exactly the same lag during market slide at 11:00AM EST. Zen-Fire just couldnt keep up with the incoming data...

Comment

I emailed Zen support on this data lag problem today...will see what they say...

Comment

Delays in Finland when connecting to Zen-Fire feed over the Internet, max. delay almost 1 min, then back to a few secs, couldn't download historical data either, got 'data servers busy or not available' message. No corresponding problems when running NT on Zen-Fire Virtual Machine.

Comment

Zen Reply

Just received the reply below from Zen Fire support...

Hello Alfred,

Because of the high volatility trading this morning (Japan and everything)
          there was a lag that some users were encountering. This is being resolved
          now.

Thanks....

Comment

delayed zenfire data

I have had numerous data delays all week this past week of march 14 -18 ( I am in the US). Its seems lately any spike in volume in the market- would mean at least a few sec "hang time"/freeze in my NT 7.0 dom and charts . However earlier in the week it was hang time - freeze - for about 2-3 minutes during high volume. I did not know others were having this problem that I was (and still am) having as I thought it was my computer / NT perhaps doing too much (although CPU Usage is never over 50% at the high volume time), or perhaps antivirus or firewall issue, or even computer router/ modem problem . But I checked everything on my end, the hardware - all working great (amd tri-core 3.1g) - its new and very fast w/ 8gb memory. Modem/router are fine. I uninstalled antivirus and shut off firewall - windows. Nothing worked as I still have temp NT freeze ups depending on how fast the market is moving. I cant trade this way. I am in a chat room during the same periods of time (on a separate computer) and their data feed from "D--"(I wont name them) did not show any delay problem with their trading platform (not NT) - not a hiccup during a very high volume event - to where I am waiting for my charts to catch up sometime way later. I really have liked this combo of NT Mirus Zenfire for awhile now and hope that this works out very very soon.

Comment

Zen-Fire Support

Zen-Fire Support may be reached at...
              <[email protected]>

Zen data users may email them directly with comments and questions etc....

Comment

today again delay!!! I am alone?? this is last possibility for zenfire, if it not resolve this I close my account.

Comment

Jammed charts

I originally thought it was a zenfire issue of my jammed charts during high volume times, but I did alot of narrowing in and it seems like its NT 7.0 (64bit) charts are jamming possibly due to me using GOMI CD indicators on 4 charts (recording on) and VWAP. Now I am NOT at all sure that its that - but I ruled everything else out and it seems 3rd party custom indicators are the culprit, for me. I could be wrong and hope that someone could offer some help and advice on what I can do other then get a 6 core cpu instead of my 3 core cpu (8g ram)to help eliminate this untradeable situation in NT. And no, I cannot trade without either the GOMI CD or VWAP, so that is not a option. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Hello,

I would suggest that you continue to narrow down as you have been.

Please take out the GOM CD recorder just simply as a test and run for a bit to see if this rectifies the situation. If not then remove the VWAP. As we want to make double sure where the issue is then go from there.

If you have further questions on this please email me at support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett and I will be happy to further assist.

Comment

delayed zenfire data

HELLO!! I dont know if Zen-fire delays problem is fix or not. This kind of problem also exist in TT. ",5 seconds delay one day ....1 minute another day....... At the begining i thouht the problem was my platform (strategy runner) but later, testing x-trader i had the same problem (lag). Zen- fire and TT have the same problem. I dont know if another data feed provider have these delays .....I think this is a serius issue for retails
                      Last edited by MICMIC; 06-28-2011, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Hello MICMIC,

Thank you for your post.

Are you saying you are seeing lag from multiple providers and platforms on the same PC?

I'm not aware of any current lag in data from Zen-Fire.

If you have not yet, I would suggest syncing your local PC clock.

You can sync your PC clock by double clicking on the clock in the lower right corner of your desktop. Once you have done that, click on Internet Time tab and then click Update. Your PC clock should now be updated.
                        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Zen fire delay

Was in the Felton trading room today.. There was lots of mention of delay zen fire data,, but many attributing it to there own pc memory video card ... Any knowledge of this situation of zen delay?

Comment

Hello,

There are no reports of zen-fire delay currently.

There is only cases reported of PC's not able to keep up with the unfiltered data.

These steps need to be followed first.

If issue is still going on please write me at support at ninjatrader dot com and I can dive in and find where the problem is.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I have lost 200$ for a 4 minute delay today.....and this is the excellent data provider-platform integration ever....???

Comment

as you can see from the picture I have put a sell limit order on 1152.5, but my order was filled at 1159.5......
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                                171 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post QuantKey_Bruce  
                                Started by Irukandji, Yesterday, 02:53 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes