How to Import Tick Data File for MP Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to Import Tick Data File for MP Chart

I use the market profile/volume profile charting technique. I have some great indicators from the legendary Gogi. He has made the whole GOM series of indicators. One of his indicators is one that creates a volume profile histogram chart based on the incoming tick data (GomMP indicator) however, if I am not trading that day, the only way that I know how to "backfill in" the data is to download that day from Market Reply or Kinetick (End of Day). This process is so time and labor intensive. How can I just load tick data for past stretches of time, say a weeks worth or more and not have to download each individual day and then run it through Market Replay in order for the tick data to be recorded with the Gom indicator package ? I guess those of you that use this indicator understand what I am saying.

Thanks, Sir Dudeness

Hi sirdudeness,

Thank you for your post.

The following link to our Help Guide will provide you with the steps required to import historical tick data from an external source: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h.../importing.htm

That said, I'm not sure if this is sufficient for the indicator. You may need to follow up with the developer of this custom indicator to see if they have a better procedure to use, or perhaps see what other members of the NinjaTrader support forum are using as a work-around.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Brevo
    by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
    0 responses