Minor error on loading chart data from Kinetick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor error on loading chart data from Kinetick

Have had this a number of times with NT 7.0.1000.3 but also prior versions. Typically happens with CL, for whatever reasons. It cannot be reproduced easily, it happens sometimes, always when connecting to Kinetick.

-> Start NinjaTrader
    -> Open my default workspace, which contains a daily chart of CL 04-11 (mergeBackAdjusted).
    -> Then connect to Kinetick EOD for the daily data.
    ->I get a popup: "Error on loading chart data for 'CL 04-11 Nymex'. Error on requesting historical data: No more data to read." This message was retrieved from the log file.
    -> The last candle of the daily chart is February 16, which is the date prior to the rollover date that I have selected for CL 04-11 via instrument manager.

Checked:

Historical Data Manager -> historical data base is complete
    Chart Settings -> chart settings are correct
    Chart -> stops at February 16
    Trace File -> two lines as shown below, no error message, Nymex Energy Default is a multi-session template with three subsessions.

2011-03-02 18:36:39:078 (Kinetick – End Of Day (Free)) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='CL 04-11' from='2011-03-01' to='2011-03-02' period=Daily splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session='Nymex Energy Default'
    2011-03-02 18:36:39:671 (Kinetick – End Of Day (Free)) Data.Bars.GetBarsNow: instrument='CL 04-11' from='2011-03-02' to='2011-03-02' period=Daily splitAdjusted=False dividendAdjusted=False bars=0 session='Nymex Energy Default'

Toggling the chart to another instrument and back settles the problem.
    Attached Files

Hi Harry,

Thanks for reporting this. I'll see if I'm able to recreate the issue.

Just for my own information, if you tried to recreate this let's say 10 times, on how many of those attempts would you run in to the error?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Out of 10, maybe 0.5, that is really an irregular occurrence. And only with instruments that have many contract months, such as CL.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post mattbsea  
      Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post RideMe