Arrow keys not scrolling chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow keys not scrolling chart

Every now and then, I will scroll the chart manually one bar at a time using the arrow keys. Eventually the arrow keys stop working. I click on another chart, come back, and the keys work two or three times, and then stop responding again. I have had this problem ever since I started using NT. Anyone else have this problem?

Amazingly, I just found the problem. It only occurs when Chart Trader is on (in my case it is hidden). Apparently the right keys shifts focus to the little arrow in the upper right that hides and unhides chart trader. Can you confirm this behavior?

Comment

JoshDance,

Thank you for reporting. I am not able to duplicate this behavior.

Just so I understand correctly, you can use the left arrow key to scroll backwards on the chart, however when you press the right arrow key to scroll forward, the focus shifts away from the chart panel and ends up on chart trader?

Do you have chart trader expanded or collapsed when you do that?

Are you sure you're not pressing any other keys such as shift, ctrl, tab, etc?

I look forward to assisting you further.
      MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I cannot reproduce this behavior today. For clarity, the chart trader was hidden when the problem occurred. If/when it happens again I will post again.

Comment

JoshDance,

Thanks for the update. Please let me know if you see further issues.

I will keep this issue on mind and test this from time to time. If I come up with anything, I will let you know via this thread.

Comment

This happened today or yesterday, and it happened such that when the mouse was over the window, scrolling worked, but when it wasn't, scrolling didn't. And to be clear, I didn't click outside the window and change focus, just moving the mouse outside the window caused the problem. It's quite random and more trouble than it's worth for me to continue worrying about it.

Comment

JoshDance,

Thanks for reporting.

I have not been able to replicate the issue. If I see further cases, I will let you know.

If any other users have experienced this issue, please let us know.

Comment

I am able to reproduce the behavior today. This seems to happen on weekends when I'm scrolling through historical charts, though the same thing may happen during regular hours if I disconnect the data feed. The problem is when the Chart Trader is turned on, the small button on the price column incorrect receives the focus when the arrow keys are pressed.

Here is a video showing the behavior.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

JoshDance,

Thanks for the video. I'm not able to reproduce this on my end with the steps you detailed.

Can you please send me and email with your workspace files so I can test further.

You will find the workspace file under (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces\<yourworkspacename>.xml

Please send this to suppport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with 'Attn: Matthew' in the subject line and a reference to this thread.

Comment

Hello Josh,

Thanks for emailing me these files. I can now duplicate on your workspace and a new workspace I was testing on when the chart scroll bar is set to false.

Can you please clarify if you turn the scroll bar on on the chart, do you continue to experience issues? Or does the chart scrolling work as expected?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
                      Hello Josh,

Thanks for emailing me these files. I can now duplicate on your workspace and a new workspace I was testing on when the chart scroll bar is set to false.

Can you please clarify if you turn the scroll bar on on the chart, do you continue to experience issues? Or does the chart scrolling work as expected?
                      Good catch Matthew, this is the problem. So, it seems that when both scroll bar and chart trader are on, the problem occurs. Will you try to fix this? I need chart trader on some of my charts, but the scroll bar takes up way too much space, so I can't afford to have. It's not like this is priority #1 or anything, but it would be nice if it worked. I'm just glad to know it's reproducible now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by samish18, Today, 08:31 AM
                      1 response
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                      Started by Creamers, 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM
                      6 responses
                      0 likes