Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ninja Traders Charts, SPY data not available with IB feed, SMART exchange needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Traders Charts, SPY data not available with IB feed, SMART exchange needed

Can you please help in finding how to access the charts for SPY,EEM,NFLX etc... I could access charts from ninja traders most of the stocks using data feed of interactive brokers (IB), but when i try to access for ETFs such as SPY, it errors out with "data subscription needed' ?. But i can access the data and charts in IB platform and i could trade them on IB TWS When i asked IB representative, he said I need to add exchange called "SMART". Can anybody help me in figuring out how to add the SMART exchange in ninja traders.

Hello gsuv2008,

Can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, highlight the instrument in question in the 'Available master instruments' section and click Edit. Select the Misc-tab and enter SPY|SMART next to 'Interactive Brokers'. Please do the same for the other ETF's as well, so enter EEM|SMART, NFLX|SMART and so on.

Once you modified all symbol mapping, please restart NinjaTrader and check if you receive data for these instruments.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason, I was looking to add the SPY as well. I tried your suggestion but I get unknown instrument when I try to create a chart.

Dale

Comment

Hello,

Can you please clarify exactly what instrument and exchange you are using mapped in the instrument manager for your settings.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I saw some other posts and it seems ok now.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Brett, I do seem to still have a problem, I have SPY in both Kinetick and IB, when I connect to Kinetick first, the data on the spy chart is delayed, if I disconnect from Kinetick it goes to real time. However I need Kinetick as my first connection because of volume studies. I tried removing SPY from Kinetick thinking Ninja would then look only to IB, but it didn't work.

Dale

Comment

Hello Dale,

Your description indicates your Kinetick connection does not include SPY data so you receive delayed real-time data. You will need to include the Nyse exchange as per your Kinetick subscription if you like to receive real-time data that is not delayed. You can make changes to your Kinetick subscription at the link below.

Comment

Is there no way to have it get the data from my IB connection?

Dale

Comment

Unfortunately, only if you connect to IB first and Kinetick second.

Comment

That sucks, I thought it would automatically look to the other connection if unavailable from the first. I need Kinetick first, only because the buy/sell volume sucks from IB. Otherwise I wouldnt have Kinetick.

Thanks anyway,
                    Dale

Comment

Unfortunately this is not the case since Kinetick supports equity data. Please see the link below for more information when using multiple connections simultaneously.

Comment

Okay, thanks Jason. I had looked at the connection guide previously, but would personally consider delayed data as no data and expect it to look for live data, I guess I was expecting too much.

Dale

Comment

Ninja Traders Charts, CFD data not available with IB feed

I performed the same steps to add a new instrument from IB (CFD DAX30) whose initials are: IBDE30. In the Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager, and added a new instrument with the name IBDE30. In the Misc-tab IBDE30|SMART in to 'Interactive Brokers' section. When I add or new chart with this instrument does not receive any data. However in the IB TWS I can see these data.
                          I have only one connection to IB to receive a data feed

Comment

Hello daxdom,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

CFDs are not currently supported in NinjaTrader. This will be available in the next major release of NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

IB Smart Data

Can anyone please confirm how to map a stock symbol to IB Smart? I do not see it as an exchange on the list.... I used to subscribe to NYSE data via IB but no longer do so.

And having changed the stocks in the instrument manager to default and arca I get the following mesage;

Error on reloading data: Historical Market Data Service error message; No market data permissions for NYSE STK (Panic)

Regards and many thanks
                              Last edited by elliot5; 09-03-2015, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post proptrade13  
                              Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick