copies of fib circle have different hights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copies of fib circle have different hights

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

If I make a fib ellipse exactly 10 ES pts high (left ellipse) , and then copy it (right ellipse), the copy has slightly different heights (off by 0.01 pt).

I didn't notice until I made copies of the copies and then eventually they have really different heights.

Can you ask the developer to fix this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by kinderlich; 03-03-2011, 08:42 PM.

Hello kinderlich,

Can you please tell me what NinjaTrader version you have installed. You can check this at Control Center-->Help-->About.

When I test it on my end, I do not experience a difference. I drew a Fibonacci circle and subsequently noted down the start and end Y values and substracted the values. I created copies of copies to the 5th generation and each time I compared the start and end Y values. The substraction of these values were the same for all Fibonacci circles.

What start and end Y value is reflected the for left Fibonacci circle in your screenshot?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninja 7.000.1000.3
      (the screenshot the left ellipse is startY=1330 endY=1320 so exactly 10 pts half hight)

Apparently It only makes the error when the "Divide Price/Time seperately" box is checked.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Comment

You will see a difference if one Fibonacci Circle has this option enabled and the other Fibonacci Circle not.

However if this option is enabled or disabled for all Fibonacci Circles the same, the height will be the same as well.

Comment

??

the issue is copying , so If the original has the 'divide price/time' checked the copy of course will have that checked as well. And the issue is the height is wrong in the copy. The example I gave still gives an error. The left ellipse is exactly 10 pts half height, the right is a copy and its half height is off by 0.01

Comment

Hello kinderlich,

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce this behavior. I enabled 'Divide Time/Price seperately' and saved it as default template for the Fibonacci Circle.

Subsequently I opened a new chart and applied a Fibonacci Circle. I made copies of copies up to the 5th generation. When I compare difference of the Y start and end values, it is the same for all Fibonacci Circles.

Can you please tell me what exact steps you perform on your end that will result in a difference.

Comment

Ok, (I replied with mail, but will repost here)

Ninja 7.0.1000.3 32 bit on Zenfire feed.

A: Make a new workspace and open an ES 1 min chart with default settings.
              B: Make a new fib circle.
              B1: Double click it and check the "Divide Time/Price Seperately" box
              B2: Click the data tab, and set the StartY and EndY Fields so they are exactly 10 points apart

this results in fib circle which looks like this

C: copy this object (select and Ctrl-C) and paste the copy (Ctrl-V)

(this results in the copy having a 10pt half height also)

D: move the copy , so the picture looks like this

E: Select the copy and look at its data values.

The ellipse is no longer 10pts high. It's off a little, which is an error. It doesn't matter if 'Snap mode' under the drawing menu is selected or not, the error still occurs.

Comment

Hello kinderlich,

Thank you for the detailed steps. I can reproduce the issue using the steps you provided. I have forwarded the issue to Development to further look into the issue. Once there is news regarding your case, I will let you know.

Comment

Thanks Jason!

Comment

Hello kinderlich,

The issue is fixed for the next release of NinjaTrader 7 - 7.0.1000.4. Once we release it, we will enable an in-product announcement.

Please install version 7.0.1000.4 once it is released and Fibonacci Circles will not change as per the difference between the start and end values.

Thank you again for reporting.

Comment

Thanks Jason!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post rtwave