Cannot load many stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot load many stocks

Hi there - I am a new user to this program and cannot for the life of me get many stocks to download data. I am always prompted with an error message: "Error on loading chart data for 'CPG Default': Failed to retrieve data from Google [or Yahoo]"

What is wrong with my settings? This error will often be presented with a lot of different US stocks such as "SPY" when my Google connection is on but it is very frequent when trying to pull charts for Canadian-listed names with both Google and Yahoo. What am I doing wrong? I have found that when only my Yahoo connection is established I am able to pull charts for many US names and a lot of Canadian names but certainly far from all I would like to.

Thanks

Hello emdubya,

Am I correct the CPG stock refers to the stock at the link below?

If so, can you please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Instrument Manager and highlight the CPG instrument in the 'Available master instruments' section. Click Edit and assign the Lse exchange in addition to the Default exchange.

Select the Misc-tab and enter CPG.L next to Yahoo and click OK.

Remove and add back the CPG stock in your default instrument list or restart NinjaTrader.
    Subsequently connect to Yahoo and create a new daily CPG chart and let me know if the error message remains.

Please perform similar steps for other stocks that experience that error message.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by tkaboris, Today, 05:13 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post tkaboris  
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    16 responses
    0 likes