Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT repair

Hello,

I wanted to ask if there something can be done, cause NT is killing my machine, became unusable. I think something happened cause one day i opened NT and as usual it should start with my default workspace, but the workspace was empty. Not sure if it has anything to do with it, but i recreated the workspace, and it is just not working properly. Bars are printing slowly, takes forever to change a chart from one time frame to another etc...

Is there something that can be done with this? I still use NT 6.5

Thank you

bagzi, thanks for the post - there are several options available for you, however for the initial investigation into the issue it would help us if you could forward us your trace / log files via Help > Mail to Support for review. We'll then check them and get back to you what best steps to take from there.

Thanks,
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, i sent it, will ulet me know what to do next?

Comment

Please let me know or PM me the ticket # you got assigned from our system, as so far I did not see them coming in - thanks.

Comment

I got a reply from some other guy in support. Basically told me to repair DB and got me some PC performance tips. I did repair DB but like i suspecet that did little if anything.

Like i described below, my entire workspace was missing for whatever reason, so i created another workspace, but it was like the workspace was running but i can not see it. So when i created another workspace it was like i was running 2 of them at the time. So, now i deleted the old workspace file in workspaces folder and it got better.

However i still have a problem when trying to change a time frame on the chart. Tried to change a chart from 8 range to 50 range and it killed my machine again, and this has happened on several occasion not just once. I presume u dont have a cure for this, just wanted to let u know what is happening.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me - how long is your chart lookback on those range bar charts? Performance wise a switch to NT7 would make sense for you here...if you PM or post the ticket # with the files you send in I take another look through them.

Comment

is this it?

Trace and logs uploaded to https://www.ninjatrader-support2.com...cesAndLogs.zip

My lookback is 30 days for 8 rng and when i switch to 50 i go 60 days

Comment

Yes, thanks - you're running pretty low RAM on this machine for your usage - 60 days of tickdata might be just too long to be handled efficiently with this setup. One thing you can try is removing the obsolete / expired 3rd party DLL via File > Utilities > Remove NinjaScript assembly.

Comment

Thanks, it is a bit slow but it was serving ok for now. By deleting this double workspace i think ill manage to run it for some more time.

thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post algospoke  
                  Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes