Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting a Script -

Hello,
    I am running in severe problem trying to delete a custom script. Meanwhile I can't import scripts. Please see attached pics.

How can I detect the dependency of this script. When I am trying to compile I always get the error on line 36 Column 18 which says that there is still a definition called "_ADXVMA_Alerts_v01_5_1". When I try to delete it I get the dependency error. I am in a loop now.

How can this be solved?
    Can I simply delete the now unwanted indicators by simply go to the NT7 directory and remove them? If so which directory contains NT7 indicators?

Thanks for a fast reply.

PS I am not a programmer so please be patient with my request.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Trader108; 03-07-2011, 04:22 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Trader108, unfortunately you would need to open your scripts and check which one calls the file you're trying to delete, then delete the calling script first and then proceed to delete the one being called. The source indicator files sit in the MyDocuments > NinjaTrader7 > bin > custom > indicator folder - after deletion please recompile directly in the NinjaScript editor by opening any script and pressing F5 then.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is there any other chance to find out which script is calling the one being called?

As you can image there are lot of scripts imported and it could be huge time effort to find script dependencies.

I am even not sure whether this message is related to the indicator I want to delete. Is it possible that this message comes up when:

- a single indicator needs to be deleted and other indicator dependencies exist?
      Even if this single indicator has no relations to existing compiled indicators?

Comment

Unfortunately there's no option to check for dependencies, as this is entirely custom code related - when you use the indicator script you're trying to delete in another script you would see an issue, either the call must be commented out or the calling indicator deleted first. Do you remember if the erroneous script was installed as part of a zipped package? Then you could inspect the file you imported to see what other scripts were in play.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post algospoke  
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes