NT freezes - DOM issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT freezes - DOM issue?

I have uploaded two videos Attn: RyanM with a capture of NT freezing charts while having valid data connections. If I open and close the DOM, then the charts will update. But with the DOM open, or the DOM closed, the charts do not update!

I uploaded a 3rd video. It looks like bars do not update if there is not a price change. When there is a price change, HLOC, even if the bar close is the same close, it will update?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your forum post.

This is occuring because your using wrong expiry/ future expiry. The 03-11 is the front month contract. The 06-11 is the future contract. No one is trading it so that last price does not update because your chart is based on the last price. The last price only updates when a trade occurs. Since theres no trading theres no updating. When you open and close a DOM this forces a manual update.

PLease switch to the 03-11 contract or if you truly want the 06-11 switch your chart to a bid chart. Right click Data Series->Type form last to Bid for example.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

It is hard to understand all the intricacies of the updates. If I have a DOM open with the TF 06-11 contract, and there is volume, then shouldn't the chart update? How does this relate to the Time and Sales window. In short, what directly correlates to which contract? Does a DOM with TF 06-11 show volume even though it is really volume for TF 03-11? What about Time and Sales?

Comment

Hello,

The last price which is the yellow highlighted price on the dom and the price that is shown on the chart when your viewing a last price chart.

Last price is when a trade occurs. When a trade occurs, otherwise known as a tick is when the chart will update, the DOM will update, and the indicator/strategies will calculate.

Without a recieved tick non of this will work. Since there is really not trading going on only very light the last price would only update when a trade occured.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Ok, that is helping me understand how this really works. I was using the next contract in anticipation of the rollover. I don't like getting stuck with the old contract. And my data provider, Vision (which I think is really Zenfire), does not provide continuous contracts. I guess traders just all roll together at the right day to avoid this.

Comment

Great!, Yes you would want to roll over to the correct expiry when it is time. You also get a pop up in the software to roll over for these popular futures contracts.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
              24 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post spwizard  
              Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Max238