Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data Feed TD Ameritrade

Hi,

The NT download form has a footnote applied to people who don't have a data provider:
    We will introduce you to a NinjaTrader brokerage partner that will provide you with a two week real time data trial.

The question is that how do I use a data feed from a brokerage? My brokerage is Ameritrade, but I don't know if they provide data too. I use their ThinkorSwim platform, but how would I use their data feed?

Or, is the footnote incorrect? Should it say data provider instead of brokerage?
    I would love to be able to use free intraday data if it's available from some brokerage.

Thanks.

Hello Gabriel

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader is not a data provider. You will need to connect to a NinjaTrader-supported provider that includes either a broker that supplies the data or a data-only provider (brokers are data providers but data-only providers are not brokers). Please see this link/table that details the NinjaTrader supported data providers & their levels of available service:

Note: TD Ameritrade is a NinjaTrader-supported data provider that supports equities data. ThinkorSwim is not currently a supported data provider.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chip, thanks for your reply.
      Your link led me to the following page that provides a good detailed process.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGuides/TDAmeritrade-Connection-Guide.php

I think it will be helpful to other TD Ameritrade customers who may have questions on how to use their account without much hassle. I haven't tried it yet, but it appears to be pretty straight forward. Thanks again.

Comment

This information is what I am looking for because I also thought that NinjaTrader is not a data provider. I will check out the link you've shared and see what ideas I could get out of it. Thanks a lot! birth records

Comment

... is it possible to have ONE TDA account and use it on more than one computer running NT6.5? and if so, at the same time?

Comment

Hi,

I don't know if TDA lets you connect more than one time to your account. Most brokers don't do this because of security reasons.

If you have one Live license with us, you can't do this as using the same Live license more than once at the same time is a violation of the End User License Agreement (EULA). Using the license more than once at the same time can lead to potential subscription and license termination.
            Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
              Hi,

I don't know if TDA lets you connect more than one time to your account. Most brokers don't do this because of security reasons.
              Thx . i will check with TDA..
              If you have one Live license with us, you can't do this as using the same Live license more than once at the same time is a violation of the End User License Agreement (EULA). Using the license more than once at the same time can lead to potential subscription and license termination.
              It would be for another sim license NT account.. (several NT licenses with one TDA account..)

Comment

Hi,

That is possible. You can use the Sim license on more than one computer at the same time.

Comment

connecting nt7 to Td Ameritrade

i just bought my copy of nt7 and i am trying to connect it to my tdameritrade account and i get an error saying td does not support 64bit version of ninja trader7. is there a big difference between the 32 bit and the 64 bit nt7? will i lose any features that nt7 affords its users? will i have to revert back to nt6? will using the 32 bit version not allow me to use a 3rd party plugin i purchased? could it be saying that it does not support the 64bit version because my account with td is not yet funded? please help me asap. thanks!!!

Comment

Hi,

It has to do with the operating system you're running on your machine. For TDA you need to be in 32-bit mode.

There is no difference in behavior when you run NT7 in 32-bit or 64-bit mode. Everything is still available.

Comment

32bit NT7

how do i switch it over to 32 bit? sorry if i should know this already...

Comment

Hi,

You should see two icons on your desktop, one that says NinjaTrader 7 and another that says NinjaTrader 7 64 bit. You will need to use the icon that is labeled NinjaTrader 7 to run the 32 bit version of NinjaTrader.

Comment

youre the man. hopefully one day, my kung fu will be as strong as yours.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Vincent View Post
                            Hi,

Yes, you can, but it gets kind of tricky.

No problems here connecting to tda with NT, think or swims, tda strategy desk, and istockmgr.

Connect on my ipod to istockmgr or other mobile app would be blocked.

i dont think 2 nts on diff cpus would work though.

Comment

td ameritrade loading data errors

i have been using td ameritrade for a few months with no problems..now i get all sorts of loading errors. i want to send my log and trace files for review. please provide a contact name at ninjatrader support to email the files to. I have problems attaching it to the forum. Thanks

ex; http call failed.....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post mattbsea  
                              Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                              6 responses
                              0 likes