Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data charting

Hi there

I have managed to upload a minute historical data set in audjpy going back to 2001. I have set up the instrument which incidentally i simply moved to my default instrument list from the list of currencies provided by NT and the ticker is $AUDJPY. I then converted my data set and uploaded the data into the historical data manager, which proved to be succesful...the file name uploaded matched the ticker name and I can see all my data points going back over the years.

The problem is now, that when i go into file>new>chart NT won't plot anything. Do i have to create candles somehow,given that I have used 1 minute data???

Please let me know if you can help, i am itching to apply some indicators and strategies...

All help is greatly appreciated...

Many thanks
    Steve

Hi smistretta,

Thank you for your post.

Can you please clarify which data provider you are using for real-time forex data, and then please go to Help > About and please let us know the full version of NinjaTrader you are presently using.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Ryan

This is not real time data, this is historic data I have going back to 2001. I don't have any live feeds, i'm looking to run some back tests once I have succesfully created the charts...

I am using the free version of NT...i am comparing your system to MetaTrader

Many thanks
      Steve

Comment

Hi smistretta,

The data should plot in the chart if the data is available historically, and so can you please go to Tools > Instrument Manager and then see if there are multiple instruments for the AUDUSD, perhaps a stock and currency.

Additionally, if you go to Tools > Historical Data Manager > Edit can you please find the AUDUSD instrument and then please review the contents of the database for historical data for that instrument.

If present can you please let me know the full instrument name, such as $AUDUSD, or just AUDUSD.

Comment

Hi Ryan

I can confirm that there is only 1 instrument for AUDUSD and when I go into hist data mgr there is data there going back over the years. I then go into the inst mgr and can confirm that the name is $AUDJPY on the instrument list but the name is AUDUSD. The file name which i have uploaded is $AUDUSD. Do I have to change the name from AUDUSD to $AUDUSD in instrument mgr?? to be consistent?

Comment

smistretta,

I apologize since when speaking I meant AUDJPY based on your initial response, but everything I mentioned will apply to that currency pair, as well.

Now, the dollar sign in front of the symbol indicates the instrument is a currency pair. So in searching for the instrument you will want to add the Currency AUDJPY, and it will include that dollar sign out front.

So, yes, the instrument as shown in NinjaTrader should match such that when the data is imported it is imported with the file name you mentioned, displays correctly in the historical data manager, and then currency type must be indicated in the instrument manager to make sure you plot the correct instrument for where the data was imported.

Comment

Hi Ryan

I'm not quite sure what you mean...

I have attached screen dumps so you can see what I have then perhaps you can help me...many thanks

Steve
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi smistretta,

Thank you for those files since they do indicate that everything matches up.

Can you please create a daily chart, and then please change the End Date property to be the last day you loaded data in NinjaTrader for 2011 because what may be happening is the chart is not going back far enough the data when creating the chart.

Comment

Hi Ryan,

I have played with the date, far out and close in and yet still nothing...any other suggestions??

Many thanks
                  Steve

Comment

Hi Steve,

Can you please send an email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and then please reference this post.

In that email can you please include a contact number, as well as your log and trace diagnostic files so that I can review those files.

You will find the log file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.
                    • The log file will be named ‘log.YYYYMMDD.txt’

You will find the trace file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.
                    • The trace file will be named ‘trace.YYYYMMDD.txt’

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                    47 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses