NT Version 7 Freezing/Crashing PLEASE HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT Version 7 Freezing/Crashing PLEASE HELP

I am having a repeated problem of Ninja Trader 7 crashing/freezing up. I had emailed tech support a number of times regarding this problem their response is pasted directly below between the hozizontal lines. Tech. support has been no help what so ever.
    I see in the forum that other people are also having crashing/freezing issues so, I know I am not alone in this.
    NOTE: This has been an ongoing problem with not only myself, but also with my father, sister and brother (4 total computers with the same issue). We are all running/testing different strategies to see which gives the best results prior to going live. Since we are all testing different strategies, I don't think it would be an issue of the strategy causing problems.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    THIS IS ONE OF THE RESPONSES I RECEIVED FROM TECH SUPPORT:
    From your trace file, I am seeing the following error:
    2011-02-04 10:26:31:685 ********* exception trapped *********
    2011-02-04 10:26:31:685 Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    2011-02-04 10:26:31:685 System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    I saw this error multiple times from today (e.g., 09:34, 10:26, 10:48) - can you please clarify whether you have seen multiple crashes at these times, or was there only one?
    What steps were taken directly before the crash occurred?

__________________________________________________ _____________________

Regarding the question (above) of "What steps were taken directly before the crash occurred?" The only process prior to the freeze/crash was automated trading utilizing various custom made strategies.

About our strategies:
    Our strategies are designed to bracket the market, placing a large number of orders throughout the day each about 10 seconds apart (depending on our countdown settings). There are approx. 7,000 trades per day. Out of these orders, about 6 - 20 actually get filled. These orders are placed then canceled after the specified countdown is reached, during the day until one side is filled (buy or sell), once in the order, we either get filled with a profit or stopped out with loss. Then the process starts over. We are only running one chart.

The Freeze/crash happens about 2 - 5 times during the day for some of us, and only a few times a day for others. We have all been trying to find a solution to the problem. There seems to be no specific action or time frame that triggers the freeze/crash. We have reset the DB, minimized the amount of background programs running, along with a number of other things.

Normally, none of us get any sort of error message, NT just freezes up and we have to CTRL+ALT+DELETE to force shut down of NT. However my sister mentioned today she received message starting with "an error has occurred with Ninja Trader and needs to shut down..." Unfortunately she did not write down the whole message.

We have all uninstalled Ninja Trader and reinstalled multiple times in hopes of fixing the problem (no luck). I had reinstalled Ninja about 1 week ago and it was working fine up until today. Could there be a data file that is getting too full over time? (just a thought).
    We all started today resetting the DB and my fathers NT froze, I had him check the file size of the NinjaTrader.sdf file at time of crash and it was 14 MB. (I am having him make a copy and save the file to new folder every time he freezes up to see if there is a certain size of the SDF file that it freezes at.

We all have been running in SIM mode and would like to go live but do not feel comfortable doing so with the freezing issue. It would seem odd that all of us are having the same exact freezing problem, I don't think we all have memory that is corrupt
    (as stated in the response from tech support above).

We all have brand new PC's with plenty of memory and power so I know we meet and exceed the system requirements.

Can someone "PLEASE" help with this issue. If you need any additional information, please feel free to ask and I will get you whatever you need to resolve this.

Hello dplgr,

Thank you for your post.

The most effective way to provide support with the issue that you are experiencing is for our desk to look at the complete dialog & monitor what corrective measures have been taken thus far; what has and has not been helpful. It is very important that we thread your previous communications together in order to accurately locate & determine a resolution to this issue.

Please send your Log & Trace files for the most recent date that this ‘freeze’ occurred.

From the NinjaTrader Control Center go to Help > ‘Email to Support…’ and check the box by “Log & Trace file”

Please also make sure to include a reference to this forum thread.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have the similar issue also. Got several crashes recently without any special reasons that I could image. The data loading on the chart is EXTREMELY slow now when restarting NT or reopening a new one, have to try several times to get it.

It worked well before. Need help, please.

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for the forum post.

However anytime you experience a crash you need to let us know by contacting us vie the Help->Mail To Support option in NinjaTrader and send your trace and log files.

It is with these files we can tell what is going on and get a solution for you. This is the best way to handle these issues when they come up.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Solved the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling NT. It looks like the memory related issue to me.

I believe the problem will happen again after doing more strategy testing and opening more charts. My PC is not bad at all (HP p6214y with AMD Athlon II X4 620, 8 GB RAM). You could have the same issue if your QA doing the same thing, hope you can take a look and fix it.

Thanks,
          Gary

Comment

With all due respect to NT. I have sent in a number of mails via NT email to support and have followed up with their recommendations of what to do to possibly correct the issue. Still no solid resolution. Below you will find responses from NT along with my comments below each shown in [brackets & bold]. (Note: my comments/response were not sent back to Ninja) I am hoping, in addition to NT, that other users that have experienced same or similar problem might have possible solutions that have worked for them. I have recently found that one user was resetting the Data Base (DB). I have implemented this process at the beginning of each trading day along with instructing my other family members (4 computers total in the bunch) to do the same. We believe we have noticed a possible less freezing but not yet a total solution.

From your trace file, I am seeing the following error:
            2011-02-04 10:26:31:685 ********* exception trapped *********
            2011-02-04 10:26:31:685 Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
            2011-02-04 10:26:31:685 System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
            [With 4 computers having the crashing issue, I don’t believe that corrupted memory would be the issue. Expecially with a couple computers being fairly new.]

I don't see any errors occuring within NinjaTrader, which means that this issue relates to what you have NinjaTrader running. If you experiance a freeze in the software, you will need to reduce what items you are loading to free up system resources. The following link to our Help Guide will bring you to a list of performance tips, which are a great place to start. Ultimately, you just need to keep reducing until the software performs as you desire.
            [Already Have very minimum items running in background… Did not resolve problem. One of the first things I do when purchasing or setting up new PC. I understand that system resources are very important for optimal performance].

2011-02-10 13:50:16:592 ********* exception trapped *********
            2011-02-10 13:50:16:592 The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

This message indicates that NinjaTrader is having issues writing to a file location. Please make sure your Virus scanner or any other application that would lock files have excluded the C:\Users\JJ-Laptop\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\ folder.
            You will want to ensure that none of the files in this directory are being locked, or to remove this directory from your anti-viruses scanning list.
            [Have excluded folder from being scanned. Even turned off virus program… Did not resolve problem].

After reviewing your trace file I see the following error:
            2011-02-24 15:12:19:533 ********* exception trapped *********
            2011-02-24 15:12:19:534 The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.
            This indicates you have a NinjaTrader file folder opened on your PC. Please reboot your PC, close all windows on your PC and Open NinjaTrader.
            If the issue persists this indicates your virus scanner or another application scans/locks files in the (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 folder. NinjaTrader will need to write to this folder.
            Please make sure to configure your virus scanner or other application so that none of the files in directory above would be scanned/locked or remove that directory from the scanning list.
            [Have excluded folder from being scanned. Even turned off virus program… Did not resolve problem].

Comment

Hello dplgnr,

If the issue you are experiencing is still unresolved then you will want to respond back to that last email/support team member so that we can continue to troubleshoot this matter.

Thank you,

Comment

Cant apply indicators

Hello,

Today when i opened NT, suddenly i saw all my charts went blank, dont understand what happened to all my indicators n Templates.
                As shown in screen shot, i can see indicators in Custom folder (C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator) , but when i try to apply it on my charts i see only 5-6 indicators as shown in image 1.

what could be the problem? plz reply..i tried copiling few indicators again, some got compiled n some aren't getting
                Im using NT for nearly 3-4 months now..n scared to use it as sudden crashes, n i dont get any reason for that also.
                please tell me what should i do ? is reinstalling only option??

mercury
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello mercury

Did you upgrade your installation of NinjaTrader 7 from a previous version?

What operating system are you using? If you are using Windows 7, did you apply the SP1 upgrade?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                  6 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post DJ888
                  by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                  0 responses