Collapse

Rectangle "disappears" when scrolling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No problem--but on the topic, I don't see a response from you to the thread I created today, or the one I posted several days ago which has not seen a reply either.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for letting me know. I responded to one and got someone to respond to your other thread. Please let me know if something like this occurs in the future.

Comment

Just bugging you guys about this again. Once last week (with a single line) and already once today (with the channel tool), I missed a trade entry because the line was not on my chart because I was not zoomed out enough. I forgot the line was there and only after zooming out after price stopped did the channel appear. The drawing tools except for horizontal lines and rays are virtually unusable as they do not reliably appear on a chart.

Comment

Hello,

In the next version of NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.7 which we hope to release soon will include changes to help with this.

Thanks for reporting this in.

Comment

Thanks Brett, I look forward to it!

Comment

I'm happy to see this is being addressed. I have dealt with it for a long time and always thought it could have been caused due to missing days, such as Thurs, Fri, Sun, Mon. It seemed to me that when the Sat location rolled around the rectangle would vanish. It also seems to occur when the missing day scrolls off to the right.

Thanks
              Last edited by snaphook; 08-29-2011, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Update on this one:

The channel tool was still too sensitive in .7. Development is aware and looking further to see if any more changes can be done to improve this further for next release.

Comment

My rectangles are still disappearing in NT7. Sometimes I can't do anything to make them appear on a visible chart (if I scroll out or make my chart take up two 24" monitors I can get them to reappear so I know they're there).

Is this the same problem that you're looking into? it's a big problem for me.

Comment

I have gone back to using IRT due to my need for robust volume profiling, and this bug was also a determining factor in making the switch a little easier. I already own a NT license and thus I suppose NT doesn't have much of an incentive to keep lifetime license holders like me satisfied--I think NT's DOM is great and so I'm only using it for order routing. The bottom line is this: don't hold your breath on this bug getting fixed anytime soon, because in truth, if it were a priority it would already be fixed by now.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshDance View Post
                      I have gone back to using IRT due to my need for robust volume profiling, and this bug was also a determining factor in making the switch a little easier. I already own a NT license and thus I suppose NT doesn't have much of an incentive to keep lifetime license holders like me satisfied--I think NT's DOM is great and so I'm only using it for order routing. The bottom line is this: don't hold your breath on this bug getting fixed anytime soon, because in truth, if it were a priority it would already be fixed by now.
                      I too use IRT, also for its volume profiling capabilites (that I hope some day will be a standard feature of Ninjatrader). Unfortunately IRT is not programmer friendly at all, so all my custom programming is done with Ninjatrader. When it comes to programming, Ninjatrader really excels.

My workaround for the rectangle is simple: I draw a horizontal line for the top, bottom, & middle and then draw the reactangle. This way if the rectangle disappears (which it seem to do towards the end of the session), my horizontal lines are there. Not the best solution but will tie me over until the rectangle is fixed.

I have a lifetime license and I must say the support is top notch. I know that Ninjatrader is committed to fixing all problems. I just think they have a lot on their plate.

Comment

Originally posted by cunparis View Post
                        My workaround for the rectangle is simple: I draw a horizontal line for the top, bottom, & middle and then draw the reactangle. This way if the rectangle disappears (which it seem to do towards the end of the session), my horizontal lines are there. Not the best solution but will tie me over until the rectangle is fixed.
                        Isn't it possible to paint the background? Maybe this would work for you as well. I'm not familiar with this capability but I know it exists in some capacity.

Comment

2 birds with one stone perhaps...??....

Originally posted by cunparis View Post
                          I too use IRT, also for its volume profiling capabilites (that I hope some day will be a standard feature of Ninjatrader). Unfortunately IRT is not programmer friendly at all, so all my custom programming is done with Ninjatrader. When it comes to programming, Ninjatrader really excels.

I have a lifetime license and I must say the support is top notch. I know that Ninjatrader is committed to fixing all problems. I just think they have a lot on their plate.

Here is a suggestion in the disappearing rectangle area...if there were perhaps 2 diagonals (transparent) per rectangle with anchor points on each end...that would keep the rectangle on screen under all conditions I believe...the idea here is that the diagonals anchor points would also be the anchor points for controling the rectangle...
                          something like this should hopefully be fairly easy to do by an NT programmer...

Also....if allowing the diagonals to be formatted by the user could be considered...often the center of a rectangle will call important future chart points if set up correctly...this could then become a very schematic way to look at squaring of price and time...this could be useful to some users....example in screenshot below......2 birds with one stone perhaps...??....

Thanks....
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Alfred; 09-14-2011, 08:23 AM. Reason: added info

Comment

Addendum....

Need to add to the suggestion in Post 27 below...the 4 sides of the rectangle would each need anchor points at each end...think this would work to keep a rectangle on screen at all conditions then...

Thanks....
                            Last edited by Alfred; 09-13-2011, 07:55 AM. Reason: added some stuff

Comment

Following up as it's been just over a year since the last post in this thread, and 18 months since first reported.

I was playing around with DrawRegion, and wondering why the shape tool cannot be implemented using this? Using a hand-drawn rectangle, and the same region using DrawRegion, the hand-drawn region misbehaves and disappears, while the DrawRegion area does not. Is there any reason why this method cannot be used to implement the rectangle drawing tool? As it stands, I am having to use an indicator instead of the rectangle tool, because the rectangle tool is just unreliable as always.

Comment

Hello,

There would be no changes to this in our current major release most likely, any possible planned changes here would be reserved for next major release.

-Brett

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by geotrades1, Today, 10:02 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                                Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
                                1 response
                                0 likes