Rectangle "disappears" when scrolling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rectangle "disappears" when scrolling

I thought it easiest to show a video. When I scroll the rectangular region disappears, then reappears.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Originally posted by JoshDance View Post
    I thought it easiest to show a video. When I scroll the rectangular region disappears, then reappears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX1WNNHRWGM&hd=1
    What happens if you reverse your autoScale parameter?

Comment

You mean the autoscale of the disappearing rectangle correct? It was set to off, I turned it on, same result, it still disappears.

Comment

Hello JoshDance,

Thank you for your post.

To make sure I understand, you are referring to the purple rectangle that moves out of view when scrolling the x-axis to the left & then back to the right again – is that correct?
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chip,
          I have had the same issue since late last year - posted here on the forum and then taken aside with Kyle. All I got from NT is that "we cannot recreate so nothing to resolve" attitude. Glad someone else is speaking up.
          Happy to send you the files, videos as well if it helps at all. Genuinely hope this gets the right resources to be investigated and resolved, as it is not professional or satisfactory for NT to sweep it under the rug anymore.

Here is one of many videos emailed to NT : http://www.screencast.com/t/BjbQlBrA

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chip View Post
            Hello JoshDance,

Thank you for your post.

To make sure I understand, you are referring to the purple rectangle that moves out of view when scrolling the x-axis to the left & then back to the right again – is that correct?
            Yes that is correct.

Comment

Another example, this time showing how zooming affects it.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Hello,

Looking into this to see what triggers this to occur. It does not occur on my side right out of the box so I need to look at possible changes or would would start to cause this to occur.

Can you please send me your workspace.

Please goto help->Mail to support and check mark to send the workspaces and template files. Put ATTN: Brett in the subject line and reference this forum post.

Can you remember any other steps for this to occur also or does it just occur on a drawn rectangle right off the bat for you?

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

My step to recreate was to create a CL chart, and create the rectangle beginning a few sessions back and set the end date to be a few days forward, for me, 3/11 around 3:00pm. At the right edge of the chart, I click the vertical axis and do a slight drag to make it static. With the rectangle in view, scroll to the left and watch it disappear! Or zoom in and zoom out, and watch it disappear.... Like magic! Just sent the email.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for sending that in. I was able to reproduce with this workspace and have sent into development to look into this.

If I was to guess has to do with how long the object is but I will get full clarification from development.

Thanks for your patience.

Comment

Hello,

This is a known limitation of the NinjaTrader software. Please see this knowledge base entry that is in our system that I had overlooked:

Drawing Objects and Anchor Points:

Objects with >= 2 anchor points can disappear while scrolling when either anchor point is far away from the display range. It is possible to have both anchors off the visible range, but still have the object and as you scroll a little bit then to have the line disappear despite both anchors still being outside the visible range.

Therefor we are aware of the limitation and may resolve it in a future version of NinjaTrader. I would not count on it being changes sooner rather then later since its a limitation of the Chart System at this time. This means that you would need to reduce the distance between your anchor points Unfortunately.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

I would like to renew my suggestion that your team fix this as soon as possible. While horizontal lines are not affected, trendlines, which most traders use, are not even visible on my chart even though they have been drawn in, when I scroll back. This makes them unusable and unreliable. PLEASE, consider that one of the major pieces of your application, if not THE major piece, has this fundamental flaw--it's disconcerting that trend lines are not drawn correctly in a charting program!

Comment

Hello,

What is the original thread you mentioned this at so that I can check into the status of this.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Brett, it's this thread--while this thread is titled in reference to rectangles, the same thing happens to trendlines, as it has two points, as opposed to a horizontal line which has only one. See your post 3 posts ago regarding the limitation.

Comment

Josh,

Sorry, thought this was you other thread I responded on today that you had created.

Reviewing the thread, the limitation I mention is Unfortunately one that is currently in the software. I can confirm that development is aware of it, and may look to make changed in a future release of the software.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post TraderBCL  
                              Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
                              14 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post martin70