Having trouble with Account Performance windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having trouble with Account Performance windows

I'm finding the Account Performance figures extremely confusing and really would like some help to explain exactly what is going on:

I've attached 2 screen-shots.

On 23rd Feb I took out 2 short positions on the NZD/USD at 0.7464'8 and 0.7466 respectively. On 1st March they stopped out at 0.7542'2 with a total loss of $307.20.

On 3rd March I took out another short position on the NZD/USD at 0.7429'3 and later closed it with a profit of $67.60.

When I bring up the account performance history and select a date range of 20th Feb to the current day, the figures in the window are correct (refer to screenshot1.jpg). However if I choose a date range of 1st March to the current date, it shows something completely different (refer to screenshot2.jpg).

It shows that the Entry Price was where it was stopped out on the first trade (0.7542'2) and the Exit Price was the entry price of the later trade (0.7429'3), and also clearly indicates that I was in a Long position with a loss of $451.60 when it was closed.

Initially it had me thinking that when I had been stopped out on the first trades, Ninjatrader had actually initiated a new long position, but upon contacting my broker I found that this was not the case.

What is actually going on here? Thanks for any help with this!
    Attached Files

Hello AussieBob,

Unfortunately this is caused by the start and end date in your second report. Since 3/1/2011 is used as start date, it will exclude the orders that occurred on 2/23/2011. This causes the orders to be paired differently as you see in your second screenshot.

Please make sure you include the date of your entry orders in the Account Performance-tab to reflect proper results.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the explanation Jason. In other words it's yet another bug in Ninjatrader. So if I had many trades being made every day then the account performance window would always be showing invalid data of some sort depending on what date period I selected. That really makes the account performance data unreliable and confusing.

After having to repair the database only a few weeks after initially installing it, then the issue with all the Yen pairs showing exaggerated amounts, and now the unreliability of the account performance data, I've lost faith in NT and I cancelled my subscription tonight. For roughly the same amount per month I believe e-signal is far better value.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888
      by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
      0 responses
      1 view