Use Market replay while Saving Data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use Market replay while Saving Data?

Hi, I would like to know if theres any possible way to save live data via market replay while using the market replay function at the same time to test strategies???

Hello wowzers,

Thank you for your post.

It is not possible to be connected to the live market and market replay at the same time. Therefore, when running in replay, you will not not be able to record live market data to be saved as replay data.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Is there anyway to work around this?

Comment

wowzers,

There is no workaround on the same PC. You would need to run live on one PC and then Market Replay on the second PC. You can then backup the replay files that were recorded from the live connection using the built in backup utility and restore them to the PC you wish to use market replay on.

Comment

Hmm, is there anyway possible of running 2 instances of ninjatrader on the same PC? I know the answer is no, which is the official answer but there must be some unnoficial type of workaround for this. Do you have any ideas

Comment

wowzers,

This would not be supported or recommended under any circumstances. If you choose to go down this route, we cannot provide any assistance in any issues as a result.

Comment

Ok, thanks for your help matthew

Comment

Using virtualization you can. I run several trial versions of Ninjatrader and one "live" trade version all at the same time on the same PC. You need multi-core processors, 64-bit host OS, 6GB+ RAM (I use 32GB), licensed versions of OS's, and VMware software to create the virtual network of computers. Hope that helped.

Comment

Originally posted by AutoTrade12 View Post
                  Using virtualization you can. I run several trial versions of Ninjatrader and one "live" trade version all at the same time on the same PC. You need multi-core processors, 64-bit host OS, 6GB+ RAM (I use 32GB), licensed versions of OS's, and VMware software to create the virtual network of computers. Hope that helped.

Hi Auto Trade, I have virtual pc but am wondering how much comp resources do you need. I have a intel duo core 2 64-bit OS but only 4GB of ram when you mentioned that you need 6+.

And what do you need the vm softwar for specifically?

Comment

Are you running a Mac?

Comment

Sorry, let me be more specific.I have never tested performance on Virtual PC (I assume you are talking about the version that Microsoft supplies for free) or VMware Fusion (The version that will run on Intel CPU based Apple brand platforms). I intend to, but have not had the time. I was unsatisfied with the performance and features of the Microsoft version, it may be better now, but I am sticking with what has proven itself already. VMware Workstation v7 is a extremely amazing product has never failed to work correctly (Even with regards to USB and SCSI shared devices) and has Visual Studio debugging support. It only costs $189. So like NinjaTrader, it is extremely inexpensive when you consider the financial gains you will acquire from its proper use. 4GB is enough RAM if you install VMware on a Windows XP host OS. But you will need to install one version Ninjatrader on the host OS and use just one virtual PC to run the other. I can help you with the configuration of your settings to gain peak performance on both NinjaTrader installations, if you have trouble with performance issues. I prefer to leave the host OS with zero installed software and run all need software on virtual PC's specific for their function. But this would require the host OS and two virtual PC's to run NinjaTrader software on, hence the 6GB need of 2GB x3. Leaving the host OS alone is a good way of avoiding the need to ever re-install your host OS due to a bad software install or upgrade, a virus taking over, or a mistake that you make yourself. 64-bit OS is only benefits a use of 64-bit optimized software, or the requirement of above 4GB memory access. If you need more info contact me directly and I would be happy to explain further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post chbruno