Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple Connection Kineteck-Google or Yahoo

Hello,

each individual Connection with Kineteck, Google or Yahoo works without any problem.

But when I add a second connection, the symbols which are only available in the second Datafeed are not found. I always get the message that the symbol is invalid. Here an example:

1. First connect to Kineteck
    2. Second connect to Yahoo

If I now chart USA-Stocks e.g. Alcoa AA it works great (data comes from Kineteck). If I want to chart a german stock e.g. Adidas ADS.DE the data should come from Yahoo. But I get an error message. If disconnect from Kineteck it works. I'm using Ninjatrader 7.0.10000.2.

Thanks for help!!!

Hello Trader321,

Thank you for your post.

Please clarify if you are connecting to the Free End of Day version of Kinetick or is this a paid real-time subscription?

What symbol mapping are you using for Adidas on Kinetick?
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

I'm using the Free Kinetick EOD version. Since it doesn't contain Stock data for the European Market I'm using Google and Yahoo for these markets.

In my example there is no symbol available for Adidas in Kinetick. I'm using the Symbol ADS in Ninjatrader for Adidas. In the Symbol-Map in the Instrument-Manager I added the appropriate symbols for Google (ETR:ADS) und Yahoo (ADS.DE). When I connect to Google or Yahoo Datafeed it works. But when I connect to Kinetick Free and then to Google or Yahoo I get the error message, that the symbol is not available.

Any ideas whta I can to do to make it work?

Comment

Hello Trader321,

That is correct – the free version of Kinetick does not support these European equities (only US & Canadian).

You will want to connect to Yahoo prior to Kinetick.

Please review the following resource regarding connection order in NinjaTrader:
        “Multiple Connections”:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Comment

Thanks for the quick answer.

If I do the connection the other way round : First to google or yahoo and then to Kinetick Free, I only get the data from Yahoo and Google. This I have easily checked with the Symbol ^ADD, which is only available on Kinetick Datafeed.

Sorry this is not the solution. I also studied the help concerning this yesterday....

I have no idea to make it work

Comment

Hello Trader321

The free data connections will have certain limitations. Since the free end of day Kinetick feed doesn’t support the European symbols & the free Google & Yahoo feeds don’t support the ^ADD index, you will need to look into a provider that does offer these instruments. Please see this link/table that details the NinjaTrader supported data providers & their levels of available service:

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Well, I do have some understanding problems what is the the sense of multiple connections to different Datafeeds. I thought, when the data for one symbol is not available on the first the datafeed Ninjatrader will try the second datafeed and so forth. Is this not the case when I take Kinetick Free as primary Datafeed and Yahoo or Google as the second Datafeed?

It is obvious that different Datafeeds will not deliver data for all instruments in the symbol dictionary of Ninjatrader. In my case I would like to take Kineteck Free for the US-Market and Yahoo oder Google for the other Markets(european). If Kinetick Free would deliver also the data for the other (European) markets I don't need the Google or Yahoo Datafeed. Therefore I wouldn't need a multiple connection.

So I think it should be possible to use Kinetick Free as primary and Goggle and Yahoo as the second. But I don't know how to do it right.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Trader321,

You are correct - That would be the case if the exchange was supported. However, since the EUR exchange is not supported on the EOD Kinetick feed, it throws the error you are encountering.

I have logged this issue with our Development Department so they can research it further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post FrazMann  
                Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes