distinguish between NT7-2 and NT7-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

distinguish between NT7-2 and NT7-4

Historically (at least during my 3-4 years) when NinjaTrader released a new version that was NOT compatible with previous versions, the new version would install in a completely differnent folder structure.
    (e.g. 6.5 versus 6; 7 versus 6.5)

This permitted those of us who deliver software to NinjaTrader users to differentiate between the incompatible versions, and install appropriate versions of our software.

The newly available and (for many reasons) completely INCOMPATIBLE NT 7-4 appears to install directly into the previous NT7 folder structure.

Does anyone know a way that we can identify which users have NT7-2 versus those that are using NT7-4?

Thanks in advance.

Hello ts_gordo,

You can check the NinjaTrader version you have installed at Control Center-->Help-->About.

If you cannot open NinjaTrader, please go to C:\-->Program Files-->NinjaTrader 7-->bin. Right click the 'NinjaTrader' application file and select Properties. Select the Details-tab and you will see the version number as well.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jason, for your quick reponse.
      I'm sorry my question was not exactly clear...
      What I need is a way to detect programmatically (inside my install script) what version of NT is installed on a client's computer.
      As I indicated in my original post, in the past a difference in the top level folder name was sufficient...
      Now with NT 7-4 installs into the same name folder tree as NT 7-2, this approach nolonger works.

Sorry for the confusion,
      Gordo

Comment

Hello,

Unfortunately you would not be able to do this programatically through any supported features/methods.

The user would need to be responsible enough to download the correct version for the version he/she has and you would need to provide two version of your indicators until everyone has migrated over to version .3 or greater.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Why is the completely incompatible NT7 version 4 installing into the OLD NT7 version 2 folder tree?

Comment

Hello,

Reason is its still NinjaTrader 7. Its not like NinjaTrader 7 to NinjaTrader 6.5.

This was done due to a change in our protection software, not a change in the NinjaTrader product. Therefor the directory structure is not changes since its still NinjaTrader 7.

We thank you for your understanding in this time of security software change which causes previously protected DLL's to no longer work in version .3 or above and need to be exported out with .3 or above to be compatible and use the new protection software.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Tim-c, Today, 10:58 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Tim-c
            by Tim-c

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM
            3 responses