Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Help!! Mystery buy/sell orders won't cancel!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help!! Mystery buy/sell orders won't cancel!!

Hi -- Booted up Ninja this evening to find mysterious BUY LMT and SELL LMT orders on the ES March contract. I am unable to cancel either order, either by clicking on the "x" next the order entry line in the price chart, or through the orders window in the control center. Both are way out-of-the-money at the moment. This phenomenon occurs in both Ninja 6.5 and Ninja 7. I've closed the program, rebooted the computer, etc., etc. No dice.

(And Velocity futures, I just found out, won't answer the phone after RTH hours unless you have a position on. Peachy!)

Anyway, what do I do here? This makes me very nervous about Ninja! Any advice most welcome. Thanks

I have the exact same problem!

Except one of my orders is a market order that thankfully isn't being filled for some reason. Velocity and NinjaTrader, PLEASE FIX THIS!!!
    Last edited by sampai; 03-13-2011, 07:10 PM.

Comment

omg ... what is going on here????

Comment

Hello tortoise08 and sampai,

I just started my shift here and I have been informed by my colleague that worked yesterday about similar reports. He tells me that these orders appear to be live, but they are not. As per sampai's post, the order is not filled either.

Could you please tell me what order status is reflected in the Control Center-->Orders-tab - State column or perhaps send me a screenshot.

Do you perhaps receive an error message when you try to cancel these orders? If so, please tell me what the error states.

I have sent an email to Velocity Futures as well for clarification. The issue seems to occur only for Velocity Futures so far. Once I receive any response from Velocity Futures, I will let you know.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Velocity Futures has contacted Trading Technologies regarding the issue. Once there is other news, I will let you know.

Comment

Hello all,

I received a response from one of the customers that the issue corrected itself after a restart of NinjaTrader this morning.

I suggest to perform the same and check if this will correct the issue for you as well. So please restart NinjaTrader, re-connect to Trading Technologies and check if the External orders are still reflected.

Comment

Unfortunately, restarting NT didn't fix it for me.

Comment

Hello Trader Jason,

I am experiencing a similar problem with my Control Center Orders tab. When I connected with my data supply today, AMP Trading CQG, I noticed entries in Order tab that I did not place. I immediately checked with the AMP trading desk and there were no orders placed, so the listing in my Order tab are spurious.

I also restarted Ninja NT7, but the spurious orders were still listed. Also, when did place orders via the chart trader, the orders were randomly placed in the Orders tab. It appears that the indexing for the Orders tab is corrupted.

Let's see what happens tomorrow when I reconnect with my data supply.
                My version of NT7 is Release 2.

Comment

@sampai and other Velocity/TT users

Can you please try the following. Disconnect from TT and go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab and click Repair DB. Re-connect to TT and check if the orders are still reflected.

If not, the orders should be removed the next day. The orders should be dropped tomorrow since they are on yesterday's business.

You could reset the NinjaTrader database to remove the orders today, however this will remove all trading history in NinjaTrader. You can reset the database at Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Data-tab.

@stevebowen, am I correct the orders were reflected as External as well? What account was reflected as per these unexpected orders?

Can you please let me know the outcome when you re-connect tomorrow.

Comment

Spurious orders listed in Order tab, Control Center

Trader Jason,

Yes, my spurious orders were External orders and the account was my AMP Trading LIVE account.

I will let you know the outcome when I re-connect tomorrow.

Thanks, Steve

PS. More information I checked my own personal trade log and discovered that 3 of the External orders listed in my Orders tab today, 3/14/11, I executed on 3/11/11 at roughly 21:15 CET (I trade in Germany). The other External orders listed were canceled so I have no record of them in my trade log. So, for some reason these orders were re-entered in Orders tab today when I connected to the data supply. Who knows?
                    Last edited by steveobowen; 03-14-2011, 02:27 PM. Reason: Adding more information

Comment

FYI: Velocity set the order status to "Unknown" somewhow, so I didn't need to try the Repair/Reset DB steps. Thanks!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                      2 responses
                      1 like
                      Last Post BarzTrading  
                      Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH