lost indicators in 7.0.1000 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lost indicators in 7.0.1000 4

when I installed 7.0.1000 4 this morning I lost the indicators on my charts...the indicators are there (you can see them when you go Edit Indicator), but they are not in the list of indicators available on the chart.

Please advise.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Please use the steps I have provided below to move your current Configuration file:
    • Close NinjaTrader
    • Go to Documents
    • NinjaTrader 7
    • Select the file "Config" and move this file to another location on your PC such as your Desktop
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Input your license key
    • Recreate your connection
    Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The problem still exists after applying your suggestion.

Comment

Do you currently have any indicator installed that were used in NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.2? If so please remove these assemblies by going to File-->Utilities-->Remove NinjaScript.

You will then need to contact your vendor to receive the required version for use within NinjaTrader 7.0.1000.4.

Comment

I only have indicators that I wrote and compiled in 7.0.1000.2.

That was the version I upgrade from. I upgraded the new version on top of that.

I'm unable to remove the scripts. See attached.

Additionally, when I am on a chart and I open the Indicator dialog, I can only see a few indicators....most of the Ninja Indicators are also missing.

When I open the Edit Script, the missing indicators are in that list.
          Attached Files

Comment

This would be the symptom seen when there is a 3rd party indicator installed that was compiled and protected with Remotesoft Protector. Are you sure you don't have a forgotten indicator still installed? Open an indicator for editing and try to compile. Look at the errors to find the offending indicator.

Dan
            Last edited by eDanny; 03-14-2011, 11:47 AM.
            eDanny
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

As suggested by Dan please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
              • Open NinjaTrader
              • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
              • Select an indicator and double click on it.
              • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select
              • Compile to compile the indicators.
              • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear were you can find the error locations.
              • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.
              Let me know if this does the trick for you.

Comment

yes, you are right...there is a third party framework in the compile error list I was testing early and had forgot about....

However, when call up the edit Indicator or Strategy the lists it shows only have a few entries...and does not list the ones the with compile errors.

Not sure how to proceed. I suppose the normal method would be to delete the scripts from the list?

What if they are not on the list?

Is it going to be easier to Uninstall Ninja and start over?

Comment

I would like to schedule a call with you today to assist with resolving the issue by remotely logging into your PC.

Please inform me of a time that is acceptable and also please forward me the best phone number to reach you at to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                  1.) A link to this forum thread.
                  2.) Contact number

Comment

Similar problem

I have a similar. After upgrading to R4 all of my custom indicators are "there", but some of them don't show anything in the pane below the chart. I have tried the steps suggested on this forum for this type of an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by monnn View Post
                      I have a similar. After upgrading to R4 all of my custom indicators are "there", but some of them don't show anything in the pane below the chart. I have tried the steps suggested on this forum for this type of an issue.
                      When you compilied your indicators as outlined in post #7 did you receive any error messages at the bottom of the screen.

Are the indicators that you are attempting to access indicators from a 3rd Party vendor, from the Support Forum or indicators you have created?

Comment

No errors, after I compiled.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ View Post
                        When you compilied your indicators as outlined in post #7 did you receive any error messages at the bottom of the screen.

Are the indicators that you are attempting to access indicators from a 3rd Party vendor, from the Support Forum or indicators you have created?
                        Hi, Christopher.
                        No errors, after I compile. I use NT indicators and custom indicators. I don't use other 3rd party vendor indicators. I saved my custom indicators and strategies elsewhere, deleted NT7 in Documents,Program files and did a clean reinstallation of R2 version.Then I copied the saved indicators and strategies back to bin, custom, indicators(strategies) folder.I compiled the indicators after I insterted them into R2. Some of my custom indicators work fine, some show empty pane below the chart.

Comment

Hello Monnn,

Please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
                          1.) A link to this forum thread.
                          2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

re

I lost all my indicators as well! I havent updated to the latest version either. This is bs,they worked this morning then gone after lunch.

Comment

Please compile your indicators as outlined in post #7 and let me know if the issue persists or if you receive any error messages when compiling.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              11 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post xiinteractive  
                              Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                              1 response
                              0 likes