Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to Migrate NT 6.5 Data to the New NT 7

Hi,

Hope you're doing well. I asked about this before and it got lost in the shuffle. I installed the new version of NT 7.0.1000.4 earlier today and it worked fine. But when I installed NT 7.0.1000.3 a few months ago it wouldn't let me migrate the data from NT 6.5. So I uninstalled the latest version I had installed earlier today, NT 7.0.1000 4, so when I reinstalled it, it would ask me if I wanted to migrate the data. And after reinstallation when I opened it after supplying the license key, it did ask me and I said "Yes", as is displayed in the first attachment. But after loading the charts data I received an error message which is the second attachment below. And then it shut itself down after displaying the third attachment. When I try to open it now it just displays the third message but won't open. Suggestions? Thanks very much.

PS. Zen-Fire is the data provider.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bce111; 03-14-2011, 01:47 PM.

Hello,

This indicates that you have an incorrect version of the SQL Compact Edition installed. Please follow the below steps and link reinstall the previous versions of SQL Compact Edition and any patchs listed in Add and Remove / Programs that you removed using the steps below.
    You likely have installed an outdated version on SQL Compact Edition. Please:
    - go to Control panel
    - Add and remove software / Programs
    - uninstall any SQL Compact Edition you'll see
    - NT7 comes with it's own copy of SQL Compact Edition 3.5 SP2, no need to have it installed
    - in case you needed it for different products then you needed to install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here:
    SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 is an embedded database that allows developers to build robust applications for Windows desktops and mobile devices. The download contains the files for installing SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 and Synchronization Services for ADO.NET version 1.0 SP1 on Windows desktop.

-Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to find later, such as the desktop.
    -Now goto this directory that you extracted this file too. There will be 2 files. You will run both if you are on a 64 bit operating system, if you are on a 32 bit application you only need to run the first one listed below:

SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi
    Run this if you are on a 32 bit operating system or a 64 bit operating system.

SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi
    No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system. If you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file.

Follow the installation steps in the file, once this is done restart your PC and now you will be able to launch NinjaTrader 7.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

This indicates that you have an incorrect version of the SQL Compact Edition installed. Please follow the below steps and link reinstall the previous versions of SQL Compact Edition and any patchs listed in Add and Remove / Programs that you removed using the steps below.
      You likely have installed an outdated version on SQL Compact Edition. Please:
      - go to Control panel
      - Add and remove software / Programs
      - uninstall any SQL Compact Edition you'll see
      - NT7 comes with it's own copy of SQL Compact Edition 3.5 SP2, no need to have it installed
      - in case you needed it for different products then you needed to install latest SQL Compact Edition 3.5. SP2 which is available here:
      SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 is an embedded database that allows developers to build robust applications for Windows desktops and mobile devices. The download contains the files for installing SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 and Synchronization Services for ADO.NET version 1.0 SP1 on Windows desktop.

-Once you run the downloaded file it will ask you for a directory to extract to. Point this to a temporary directory that you will be able to find later, such as the desktop.
      -Now goto this directory that you extracted this file too. There will be 2 files. You will run both if you are on a 64 bit operating system, if you are on a 32 bit application you only need to run the first one listed below:

SSCERuntime_x86-ENU.msi
      Run this if you are on a 32 bit operating system or a 64 bit operating system.

SSCERuntime_x64-ENU.msi
      No need to run this if you are on a 32 bit system. If you are on a 64 bit system you will also need to run this file.

Follow the installation steps in the file, once this is done restart your PC and now you will be able to launch NinjaTrader 7.
      Hi Thanks. I don't see any SQL compact or otherwise installed. I'll do the other steps and be right back. BTW I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit in case that matters.

ADD Also will I be able to migrate the NT 6.5 data? Thanks.
      Last edited by bce111; 03-14-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Hi, Brett

I did what you said and it does start now but no data has been migrated. Just wondering how I would do that. Should I uninstall it and reinstall it? Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

Glad to hear that did the trick.

To start the migration process over again, please shutdown NinjaTrader.

Then goto My Documents->NinjaTrader 7->logs folder and delete install or install.xml file.

Then start NinjaTraader 7 you will be asked to do migrate again.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Hello,

Glad to hear that did the trick.

To start the migration process over again, please shutdown NinjaTrader.

Then goto My Documents->NinjaTrader 7->logs folder and delete install or install.xml file.

Then start NinjaTraader 7 you will be asked to do migrate again.

Hi Unfortunately I got the same error message below, although it didn't shut it down this time. But no trade data at least was transmitted.

I have to take off but will be back in a bit. Thanks for your help.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Does your 6.5 start up correctly right?

Otherwise we still have an issue with something locking files. Can you also add the NinjaTrader 6.5 folder to the exclusion directory.

Comment

Hello,

Does your 6.5 start up correctly right?

Otherwise we still have an issue with something locking files. Can you also add the NinjaTrader 6.5 folder to the exclusion directory.

Yes 6.5 works fine. In fact that's why I need to migrate the trade data, NT 7 wasn't working well earlier and I had to use 6.5 so a lot of trades are in that data base. This is for the Account Performance tab.

Not sure what you mean by "Can you also add the NinjaTrader 6.5 folder to the exclusion directory."

Would my anti-virus software have anything to do with this? It's AVG Free 2011.
                Last edited by bce111; 03-14-2011, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Hi, Brett

I figured it out with ChristopherJ's help. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=35372

I repaired the data base in NT 7 and reset it and I repaired the data base in NT 6.5 and then deleted the Install.xml file again and redid it, and it worked.

Is there anyway to adjust commissions after the fact once they're in the Account Performance data base? I think some of those were incorrect.

I'll have to find the info on adding my trades back from NT 7.0.1000.3 manually. BTW you guys should definitely create a way to import trades from Excel. It would make it so much easier.

Thanks for your help.
                  Last edited by bce111; 03-14-2011, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Glad to hear your up and running.

Unfortunately there is no way to adjust commissions after the fact.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                    4 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                    Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                    16 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post samish18