Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TT data quotes seem wrong..?

Hi folks,

Long-time Rithmic user (via Vision), just checking out TT (via Advantage) as possible backup/alternative.

I'm looking at back-month quotes for CL, and right at this instant:

CL 05-11 on Rithmic: 102.33/102.37
    CL 05-11 on TT: 102.30/102.40

The effect was even more noticeable 5-10 minutes ago... on CL 06-11, the TT spread was blown out to over 40+ cents. Support at Advantage fired up XTrader to double check, and saw that TT was giving correct quotes (tighter 3-4 cent spread) via XTrader.. wrong quotes showing up just on Ninja.

Just wondering if anyone at Ninja might know whats going on. I'm still on version 6.5 of NT.

Hello heech,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately I am not able to recreate and research this item given the instantaneous quote provided. Please provide another observation & its related date / time stamp.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chip View Post
      Hello heech,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately I am not able to recreate and research this item given the instantaneous quote provided. Please provide another observation & its related date / time stamp.
      Chip,

Look at a quote.. whenever. This effect has been there for the last 3 hours, and I suspect it'll be there indefinitely.

I am connected to the Advantage host at 208.96.196.250. I am seeing CL 06-10 right now (8:15 PM EST) at 102.73/103.44. That's a $0.70 cent spread.. .and clearly wrong.

*Any* spread over 5 cents on May or June crude is clearly wrong.

Comment

Hello heech,

Since I would need to test these individually via the NinjaTrader platform, I was hoping you could provide an example that I could review on the historical time & sales data.

Please let me know if this would be possible.

Thank you,
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Chip View Post
          Hello heech,

Since I would need to test these individually via the NinjaTrader platform, I was hoping you could provide an example that I could review on the historical time & sales data.

Please let me know if this would be possible.

Thank you,
          I have no clue what you're asking for. These are current ask/bid quotes, and the effect is still there. I have no idea what historical t&s have to do with the shown ask/bid.

Comment

Hello,

I notice your testing both the CL 05-11 and CL 06-11.

Please make sure you are on CL 05-11 first here in our testing. If we compare a 06-11 to an 06-11 quote this will not work.

I connected to TT currently, and on CL 06-11 I'm getting a >10 cent spread and fluctuating quite often.

On the CL 05-11 I'm getting a 2 cent spread no further then that. Mabye a 3 cent jump every so often.

The CL 06-11 this would be expected to be larger spread since its not the front month contract, the CL 05-11 seems to be working well in my testing of the CL 05-11.

Are you seeing the same on the same on CL 05-11?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
              Hello,

I notice your testing both the CL 05-11 and CL 06-11.

Please make sure you are on CL 05-11 first here in our testing. If we compare a 06-11 to an 06-11 quote this will not work.

I connected to TT currently, and on CL 06-11 I'm getting a >10 cent spread and fluctuating quite often.

On the CL 05-11 I'm getting a 2 cent spread no further then that. Mabye a 3 cent jump every so often.

The CL 06-11 this would be expected to be larger spread since its not the front month contract, the CL 05-11 seems to be working well in my testing of the CL 05-11.

Are you seeing the same on the same on CL 05-11?
              Brett,

I'm comparing both 05-11 and 06-11 on both feeds. I think we should stick with CL 06-11, because the difference will be much more IMMEDIATELY obvious.

With CL 06-11, on a "correct" feed (Ninja+Rithmic, IB, XTrader)... the spread right now (12:18 PM EST) is only about 2-3 cents. So, if you are seeing a >10 cent spread, that is NOT correct. Pull up any other tool, and that will be very obvious. Right now with my Ninja + TT, I'm seeing a gap ranging from 6-30 cents... again, that is NOT right.

I thought it might just be with my Advantage feed, but it looks like there's something fundamentally wrong with Ninja + TT if you're seeing it as well.

Comment

Hello,

Believe you are possibly incorrect here sir.

Heres why.

1) I just connected to zenfire on a second PC and observed the same thing. With no TT connection at all in the mix on a secondary PC I'm seeing big ask of 10 cents in some cases.

2) I'm not seeing tick in the CL 06-11 for sometimes 30 seconds or more before a trade even occurs.

3) This ties in with a market that doesnt have a lot of volume, doesnt have a lot of trades, which then has a larger bid ask spread.

I'm not seeing anything off here. Am I missing something?

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brett; 03-15-2011, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                  Hello,

Believe you are incorrect here sir.

Heres why.

1) I just connected to zenfire on a second PC and observed the same thing. With no TT connection at all in the mix on a secondary PC I'm seeing big ask of 10 cents in some cases.

2) I'm not seeing tick in the CL 06-11 for sometimes 30 seconds or more before a trade even occurs.

3) This ties in with a market that doesnt have a lot of volume, doesnt have a lot of trades, which then has a larger bid ask spread.

I'm not seeing anything off here. Am I missing something?

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
                  This should be really easy to settle. Hopefully others out there with other data feeds will also chime in. Do me a favor, and pull up CL 06-11 on a few more services. I don't have ZF, so I can't confirm.

I'm looking at CL June on IB TWS right now. Has nothing to do with Ninja at all. The spread is 2-3 cents, consistently.

I'm also looking at CL June on Ninja + Vision/Rithmic, and again, CL 06-11 is 2-3 cents consistently.

Comment

Hello,

Sounds good.

Yes I see 3-4 cent spread most of the time but I also see 10 cents spreads easy about every oh 1 minute or longer or so. It verys so much since its constantly changing but I have seen it several times sense writing this post. Will keep an eye on it.

Also with some data feeds the bid asks only update when a tick is recieved. With the smaller updates on the instrument since there arnt very many trades could also prolongue the time you see a longer spread.

I look forward to assisting you further.
                    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brett; 03-15-2011, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Let's not drop this. I want to emphasize, I have NEVER seen the spread for CL 06-11 go above 3 cents on TWS or anywhere else. I have watched it consistently, and it just doesn't happen.

There's something seriously wrong here.

Comment

Hello,

If I look at both longer I am seeing where the TT feed seems likes its not updating as often as it should which could account for larger bid ask spread. I will inquire to see if this is normal for TT. Please hang tight.

Comment

Can you please email me your phone number to support at ninjatrader dot com ATTN: Brett.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                          Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                          16 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post samish18