Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting NKD Error

Guys-

I'm not at all sure why this is happening, but you can imagine why I'm interested in simply watching the NKD as the disaster in Japan unfolds.

Here you'll see my strategy analyzer is linked to the two charts on the bottom of the screen. Unfortunately, the numbers simply don't match up.

I've attached a picture, and I think it speaks for itself. I tried to open the relevant windows showing all the rollover dates, etc.

I just took this snapshot now - at 12:06 AM EST; I have delayed feeds (10 minute delay).

Suggestions?

PS I should note that the numbers in "Market Analyzer" are correct - those match up with what's current on the CME's website as of right now (price & volume). It's the charts that don't match.
    Attached Files

Hello cgeorgan,

I suspect the session template selected in the 34 tick chart causes it not to receive real-time data after 4:15 PM. Likely it is set to <Use instrument settings> in the Data Series menu of the chart. The NKD uses the 'CME Global Index Futures RTH' session template by default, which ends at 4:15 PM EDT each day. The 34 tick chart ends at the same time.

Can you please select the 'Default 24/7' session template in the 34 tick chart and check if the chart receives the same real-time data as in the Market Analyzer.

I am not sure if daily data includes the overnight session with IQFeed. Please contact them for clarification on the daily data they provide. Could it be daily data is provided as OHLC values for certain times, so it does not include all data?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That was it...very boneheaded of me; I hadn't even thought to change the session template (thought I had set it once before correctly).

Thanks again guys!

Comment

well my NKD chart is simply completely frozen during the asian session.
        if i get up early and check it out on the NY close, its fine
        log back on when the Nikkei cash market opens at tokyo 9am, and its dead.
        very strange. does anyone know what i could do to fix this? by the way the DOM still works, just not the chart. im on zenfire.

Comment

well i tried 24/7 session template to no avail, but having some luck with the 24/5. anyone know what the proper one for this is?

Comment

Hello magneticG,

Can you please check the items listed at the link below which can explain why charts do not receive real-time data.

If the issue remains, please provide me the answers to the questions you see listed.

The 'Default 24/7' should work as well - it does not exclude any time.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post usazencort  
            Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
            5 responses