Instrument Edit - Data Filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instrument Edit - Data Filter

Is it possible to EDIT all (USD) Currencies in one go to adjust the filter I want to use in the Symbol Map or do I have to do each one individually? Using eSignal.

Thanks

Alan
    Last edited by saintalan; 03-15-2011, 10:21 AM.

Hi saintalan,

Thank you for your post.

On the instrument level you would need to edit the currencies separately but you can set the Session Template that is used by default within the chart so that the template is applied to each chart, and you can leave the instrument settings intact. For more information please see the following link:

Other windows can then be saved as templates to save the settings, as well.
    Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Ryan, it's no big problem to do individually for a few currencies but out of intereset I dont see where I can set the Symbol for the feed in the Session Template.

Thanks

Alan

Comment

saintalan,

The Session Template would be applied to the symbol rather than the symbol applied to the template, and that would be done in the Instrument Editor:

However, with charts if you set the Session Template as Default for a Period Type then you can create new charts with the pre-applied Default Template.

Comment

Thanks again but I am not sure I am explaining myself properly. In the Misc tab for Currencies the actually currency is listed in the Symbol. I want to add a filter @TDFX A0-FX but not sure that can be done globally?

Thanks for putting that link in, I really must congratulate NT on its comprehensive documentaion, Videos, webinars & responses to queries.

Thanks

Alan

Comment

Hi Alan,

My apologies for misunderstanding, but in terms of editing the particular symbols you will edit them individually, and that kind of global filtering for pre-added instruments would need to be added as an enhancement, which I have documented here and forwarded to development.

Comment

Thanks Ryan, if you do consider any enhancements in this area the following might be a good idea:

Selecting an instrument in the LH Instrument List selects same in the Master List rather than having to Search. An added benefit may be Right Click instrument in the LH Instrument List to allow selecting EDIT.

Just a thought and thanks for responses.

Cheers, Alan

Comment

Hi Alan,

Thank you for those suggestions and based on them I have forwarded them to development, and once the item has been added to our enhancements list I can follow-up with a reference number for future inquiry, otherwise you can refer us to this forum when inquiring regarding those items.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes