Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Extremely slow and "Not Responding" issues with custom indicators from Emini-Wat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely slow and "Not Responding" issues with custom indicators from Emini-Wat

I use three custom indiciators offered by Emini-watch custom indicators in my trading and have serious performance issues.

When I have the indicators loaded, my charts are painfully slow to load (4minutes for a 1500T 3 day chart). NT also frequently stops responding and crashes. I know that the issue is with the custom indicators because NT works fine when they are not in use. I only have 3 charts working all of which go back w/ 3 days worth of date. I use Kinetick as my data provider.

I dont think my computer is the problem (Intel Core i7 w 8GB ram/ Windows 7 64bit).

Anyone else have the same problems with this indicators or have a suggestion for a possible solution. I have gone through the "Performance Tips" on the help guide and implemented everything suggested. Still not improvement.

Hi JamesBahn,

Thank you for your post.

Ultimately, performance issues such as these come down to reducing what is running until things perform as desired. That said, I don't really have much to offer beyond what is listed as a performance tip in our Help Guide. Have you tried contacting the vendor to see if they have any performance tips specific to their addons?
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Kyle - That is what I was afraid of. I have contacted the vendor but have not yet heard a response. Once/If I hear something I will post here in case others end up running into the same problem. Unfortuantely, I believe these are just calculation intensive products.

Comment

Load up which ever instrument you want in 1500T for 1 day. Then load the indicator template onto the 1 day chart. Then after that loads expand the chart to 3 days or 5 days how ever many you want. Go on google and download the program SuperPi you can use it to test the performance of your RAM of your computer. You can compare your times to other peoples online with a simple search. If your computer has errors with this ram calculation then you have bad ram or under powered ram. Download the program Prime95 to stress test your machine to see if its stable. If it instantly crashes when you start Prime95 you have a hardware issue that has to be addressed with bios tweaks. If it passes prime for around 10 minutes it should be stable enough for trading.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post chbruno
        by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes