Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed new NT 7.4

Running OS Windows XP Pro
    During install it says The Feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Can't find tmp54.tmp

Hello

Thank you for your note.

This tmp54.tmp file is a Windows temporary file. Please uninstall NinjaTrader. Clear your browser cache. Re-download & reinstall NinjaTrader.

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

1) I deleted browser cache files
      2) I went to control panel attempted to do a Uninstall NT7 got the same error ...won't let me uninstall NT7

Comment

Hello

You will need to perform a complete uninstall & then reinstall NinjaTrader 7.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:
        1. Close all running applications.
        2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
        3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
        4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
        5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
        6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
        7. Reboot your machine.
        8. Once these steps are completed, download NinjaTrader 7 from the link below:

If this does not resolve the issue, please send a email to support AT ninjatrader DOT com – and include a reference to this forum thread.
        ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If I try and do a uninstall just like when I try to do a install it is looking for some tmp install file that doesn't exits.
          I have deleted all ninja directories, I have deleted every thing I can find related in regedit,(But still missing some entry because Ninja7 still shows up in the control panel uninstall program list. So what do you suggest??? I have never seen this on a install/uninstall of a program....

Comment

Hello bbucha_stk,

This message indicates that the NinjaTrader uninstaller file is missing. In most cases, this will occur if a user is running a clean-up program that deletes temp files or if the user deleted the temp files manually. To resolve this issue, run the Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility listed below. Once the utility is running, select NinjaTrader from the list and select Remove. It will then be possible to reinstall NinjaTrader successfully.

Microsoft Windows Installer CleanUp utility: http://majorgeeks.com/Windows_Instal...ity_d4459.html
            KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi
              Thanks for the suggested tool to fix this. I would suggest you ask the developers to not save the install files in the temp location. As you may know we clean up our computers of temp files from time to time hence the problem here.
              Thanks again

Comment

Hello bbucha_stk,

I'm told that this is a peculiarity of the windows installer and is beyond NinjaTrader's control, unfortunately.
                KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes