Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical data

Hi,

there's historical intraday data missing on ES 06-11 (and other products) from 11:00 to 11:40 AM EST. I tried both Zen-Fire and CQG connections. Does NT7 retrieve historical data from its own server (regardless of datafeed i'm connecting to)? Is there a way to obtain historical data directly from CQG datafeed?

BTW. I'm using free simulation licence key. Do i need to get live trading license to retrieve historical data from CQG?
    Last edited by kosmipt; 03-16-2011, 10:23 AM.

That is correct, we had issues with our data servers and unfortunately, there is a gap in data. We expect to have his filled this coming weekend during maintenance. Yes, these are our own data servers and no, there is no way to obtain historical data from CQG's historical data servers directly.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, got it.

But why is historical data missing completely on some products like cotton (CT), Brent crude (BRN), copper (HG) that some people trade via NinjaTrader. Do they have to watch historical data in separate platform? Or do they have to subcribe to historical only datafeed to supplement main trading datafeed?

Comment

Hi kosmipt,

With Zen-Fire the historical data is provided from the NinjaTrader servers for commonly traded products, and so that may not include any historical data for contracts like the CT and BRN, but the real-time data is available.

If you go to Tools > Options > Data you can enable the Save Chart Data as Historical and that will save the real-time data to be available for back-filling purposes on subsequent days.

Otherwise, for more extensive historical data you can supplement the historical data through the Zen-Fire connection with another provider, such as Kinetick, and for more information please see the following link.
        Ryan O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by helpwanted, Today, 03:06 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post sarafuenonly123  
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes