Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data/Live Feed

Hi;
    This is more an understanding question as I like to get my head around this how it works.

Looking at the dataseries of a chart, I can configure how many days will be loaded to in the charts (intraday chart). Lets say I used the History Manager to import 1 year worth of history from my data provider (IB) and I then specify 120 days in the dataseries. Will it load the data again from the dataprovider or use my existing history?

Also when I use Reload All history data for a chart, will it delete the entiry history table or just the number of day configured in the dataseries.

Lastly what happens after I close NT and log back in the next morning. When loading the data will it just load the missing data (based on the history) or the entire dataseries?

Thanks
    Thomas

Hello hometradingblog,

Thank you for your post.

For these items you will want to review this section of our Help Guide entitled “When does NinjaTrader load historical data?”:

You may also want to reference “How Bars are Built” in NinjaTrader:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
    ChipNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the link and the prompt response. I had a read through it and still trying to make sense of it.

I was loading 6 months worth of history to the data history for a symbol (via the Historical Data Manager). I then went back to the chart and extended the number of days in my dataseries to 120. Based on what I just read I would have expected NT to use the historical data downloaded earlier, but looking at the status window in the Control Center I saw the loading messages poping up for IB.

Any ideas why?

Thanks
      Thomas

Comment

Hello Thomas,

When did you load this? Had you recently had this data loaded?

It is likely not loading all of the historical data you requested, but rather checking the IB servers to see if there is recent data that was not in your database.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.
        MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

Hi Matthew;
          Thanks for the reply, I loaded this yesterday in the same trading session. I'll keep monitoring and see if the behaviour changes, when I do this in different trading sessions.

Thomas

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by stafe, 04-15-2024, 08:34 PM
          9 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
          Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
          7 responses
          1 like