buying pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying pressure

...is there a recommended solution to show buying pressure in MA as a "graph" or "regular" ?

Hello mystiq,

You can plot the BuyPressure or SellPressure value (regular) in the Market Analyzer or you can plot a BarGraph.

When you add an Indicator column in the Market Analyzer and you select the BuySellPressure indicator, you can set 'Plot' to BuyPressure or SellPressure. Subsequently make sure 'Type' is set to 'Regular' and it will plot the BuyPressure or SellPressure value in the Market Analyzer.

If you set 'Type' to 'BarGraph' it will plot a horizontal bar in the Market Analyzer.

In addition, you could add two Indicator columns - one for the BuyPressure and one for the SellPressure.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello mystiq,

You can plot the BuyPressure or SellPressure value (regular) in the Market Analyzer or you can plot a BarGraph.

When you add an Indicator column in the Market Analyzer and you select the BuySellPressure indicator, you can set 'Plot' to BuyPressure or SellPressure. Subsequently make sure 'Type' is set to 'Regular' and it will plot the BuyPressure or SellPressure value in the Market Analyzer.

If you set 'Type' to 'BarGraph' it will plot a horizontal bar in the Market Analyzer.

In addition, you could add two Indicator columns - one for the BuyPressure and one for the SellPressure.
      Thx. i have one for buypressure and one for sellpressure. calculateon barclose-TRUE
      bargrapgh-left to right- 60min. ....but the M.A. display shows nothing. granted i tried this after market closed. any suggestions?

p.s. what are the advantages of using buysellpressure over buysellvolume?
      i have read the info on them and still cannot differ...

edit--- cobc- FALSE is the correct setting
      Last edited by mystiq; 03-18-2011, 12:58 AM.

Comment

Yes, you will need to set 'Calculate on bar close' to False for it to function properly. Please note that the BuySellPressure is a real-time indicator, meaning it will only work on real-time data. Please see the link below for more information.

Comment

Comment

Yes, you will need to set 'Calculate on bar close' to False for it to function properly. Please note that the BuySellPressure is a real-time indicator, meaning it will only work on real-time data. Please see the link below for more information.
            http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm
            thanks...I have an .xps file with columns of buypressure and sellpressure. i cannot upload it on the site. format not supported. is there an email address i can send it to you to show you what values i get and confirm what i think is happening?

Comment

Hello mystiq,

You can send it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

If the file is larger than 3 MB, please zip the file first.

Comment

Hello mystiq,

* for these indicators, should the timeframe be set to 1-minute data? or can 30-minute data also work? *

is it possible to post a screenshot of BuySellPressure using the "bargraph" in MA? with settings?
                Last edited by mystiq; 04-01-2011, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Hello mystiq,

You can set the timeframe to your liking. If you select 30 minutes, the BuySellPressure will be applied on a data set of 30 minute bars.

I have attached two screenshots below.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello mystiq,

You can set the timeframe to your liking. If you select 30 minutes, the BuySellPressure will be applied on a data set of 30 minute bars.

Thanks ...the indicator you use does not match what i use...i am on NT6.5
                    the settings you have are not available to me? i really dont think buysellpressure works in nt6.5 i give up on this indicator...

Comment

Yes, I used NinjaTrader 7 when I tested and created the screenshots. You can download and install NinjaTrader 7 for free from the link below.

However, it should work in NinjaTrader 6.5 as well. Please set 'Type' to BarGraph and setup the other settings as per my screenshots.

Comment

Originally posted by mystiq View Post
                        Thanks ...the indicator you use does not match what i use...i am on NT6.5
                        the settings you have are not available to me? i really dont think buysellpressure works in nt6.5 i give up on this indicator...
                        Ok. but...
                        "..# of bars to lookback : 50"
                        "..maximum bars lookback : twohundredfiftysix"

.....are not in the nT6.5 indicator, how; where would I implement this change?

also, if i needed to see the pressure for the entire day? - should the period be set to 1day(daily)? to measure the daily bar?
                        Last edited by mystiq; 04-04-2011, 03:45 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

These settings are not required to plot the BuySellPressure indicator in the Market Analyzer. The BuySellPressure is a real-time indicator - it will only plot values on real-time data. So amount of bars to look back does not affect the indicator.

Yes, you can set it to a daily interval. However, since it is a real-time indicator, it will reflect the current buy/sell pressure.

Comment

These settings are not required to plot the BuySellPressure indicator in the Market Analyzer. OK

The BuySellPressure is a real-time indicator - it will only plot values on real-time data. So amount of bars to look back does not affect the indicator.OK

Yes, you can set it to a daily interval. However, since it is a real-time indicator, it will reflect the current buy/sell pressure.
                            OK. NO Problem, that is what I want

Thanks

Comment

buysellvolume

Hello mystiq,

**thanks for the screenshot of buysellpressure...can you also provide a screenshot of buysellvolume?**

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by bmartz, Today, 09:30 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post bltdavid  
                              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 11:02 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH