Connection timeout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection timeout

I am currently trying to get support with my connection problem to Velocity (TT) this morning, but in the meantime I would like to mention that I get no error message, the connection does not time out, it just stays with "Connecting - Trading Technologies" until I restart NT, and it hung on three occasions when I tried to close it (had to forcibly kill it).

Should there not be a timeout and error message? I can't even ask it to stop trying to connect....

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

If NinjaTrader remains in "Connecting" please rename your database with the following steps :
    • Shutdown NinjaTrader and Go to the Start Menu
    • Select My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> DB--> NinjaTrader.SDF.
    • Right click on NinjaTrader.SDF and select "Rename." *Name it "OLDNinjaTrader.SDF."
    • Then restart the software and NinjaTrader will create a fresh database file to use
    • Unfortunately the following items stored in the old database will be lost – ATM Strategy templates, Session templates, Instrument Lists / Custom Instruments and historical trade execution data
    Please let me know if the issue persists after this procedure.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sounds kind of like brain surgery to alleviate a headache.

Comment

If the issue persists and you are not comfortable with performing this procedure I would be happy to give you a call to assist you by remotely logging into your PC.

If you would like assistance please send a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line.

In the message, please include the following:
        1.) A link to this forum thread.
        2.) A time you will be available.
        3.) The best phone number to reach you at.

Comment

It's not the difficulty of the procedure, it's the fact that I lose ATMs, session templates, historical trade data. Seeing as how the NT team did not include a simple "Cancel" button when connecting to a data provider, it seems a shame to lose so much data for such a simple fix. If the issue persists in the future, I will give it a try.

Comment

If this does not resolve the issue we can always name this file back to have access to the ATM Strategies once again. When this occurs and NinjaTrader stays in that "Connecting" state unfortunately this usually has to do with a corruption with the database.

Comment

This error started occurring today, just now, again.

Is there any other way to fix this? What is the cause of the database corruption? Or potential causes? I'd really rather not lose trade history again... Isn't there a way to simply repair the database??

Comment

Please forward a note to Support [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com with "ATTN: Chris" in the subject line with your most recent trace and log files.

In the message, please include the following:
                1.) A link to this forum thread.
                2.) Your most current trace and log files.

You will find the file here: My Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace > trace.YYYYMMDD.txt

Log file will be located by going to Documents->NinjaTrader 7->Log->log.YYYYMMDD.txt

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 07:51 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Rapine Heihei  
                Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
                5 responses
                1 like