mail setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mail setup

I lost my mail messaging capabilities awhile back and I'm trying to figure out how to get this to work again.

For most of my email accounts I use Google Apps for Business. This is not the same as gmail. I've tried the Google Apps smtp and port settings and I've even tried non-Google accounts such as Yahoo. I can't get ANY test of of the mail setup to work.

Can you provide any guidance as to what I'm doing wrong and provide a single example of settings or even random email accounts that I can use to get a successful test of the mailer?

I really don't care which server/account the email is sent FROM as long as it gets sent TO my inbox.

These are the settings provided by Google Apps:

Incoming Mail (POP3) Server - requires SSL: pop.gmail.com
    Use SSL: Yes
    Port: 995
    Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS or SSL: smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
    Use Authentication: Yes
    Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
    Port for SSL: 465
    Account Name: your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com)
    Email Address: your email address ([email protected] or username@your_domain.com)
    Password: your Gmail password

Comment

Hi bluelou,

Unfortunately, this mail feature can fail due to a variety of factors totally outside of the NinjaTrader software. If you're using the settings your email provider has given you, things should function - perhaps there's some issue with security software?

Unfortunately, I don't have any specific instructions to provide you with on this. All I can really say is keep trying - if the provider you're currently using isn't connecting, try another until you're able to find something which is compatible. One thing I'd like you to look in to is the Yahoo setup mentioned at the following link to another Support Forum thread: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...377#post101377
      KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Kyle,
        Other than using Yahoo Mail Singapore (in the link) is there any other provider you'd suggest I try? I don't care if I have to pay for the email. I just want it to work and it seems unusual that the NT mailer is so fickle w/various providers. So far I've tried Google Apps (I have 3 domain names registered there), Gmail, and Yahoo.

What about the option "leave blank for default"? How does that work?

Comment

bluelou,

I've heard of other users having success with gmail and Yahoo's U.S. based mail, but I have no documentation on the setup of those providers.

Leave blank for default uses the options Windows has setup for your default email account as I recall.

Comment

It doesn't sound like email messaging is much of a priority for you guys. I've already tried gmail and yahoo. If I leave the server blank do I also leave the port and all other info blank except the Send to address?

Comment

Hi bluelou,

The NinjaTrader email code does function - but setup relies on services external to NinjaTrader which are beyond our control.

Correct, everything but the 'Mail alerts to' field should be left blank with the 'default' setup.

Comment

I have tried so many times, yahoo google and even my Rogers email account ( which runs on port 587 for SMTP, standart, no SSL), since I couldn't find any public open relay servers, I give up Ninja's mailer. But I find a workaround.

download ScreenShot2file, and AutoMailer Freeware

ScreenShot2file cost me $7, you can set interval to save wholescreen or active screen automatically. Automailer is free (but not free for SSL, so you can't use google hotmail smtp server), it polls the img folder for new img file and email out. I got it working with my local ISP's email account.

Comment

Thx for this. I might give it a try. The fickle emailer is a real disappointment and seems to be a new feature in NT7. I've tried 4 different providers so far, including the one associated w/my business domain name. This was never a problem in NT6.5.
                  Last edited by bluelou; 03-27-2011, 10:41 AM.

Comment

I tried with gmail and the yahoo.com.sg and cannot make it work either, and Microsoft Outlook seems to be working ok using the same configuration with those servers.
                    Has anybody been successfull with NT7 Mail Setup at all? Any idea what is the problem?
                    Thanks
                    Pacpac

Comment

It's been 6 weeks and I'm still trying to figure it out. I've tried all of the free public ones, gmail, yahoo, etc., my business email provider, and the NT7 default test, without any luck.

Hey, NinjaTrader support guys, can you document a single instance of an email provider that is compatible with NT7? Whoever the provider is I'll switch to them. I don't care about the cost, I just want my emailer to work again like it did so easily w/NT 6.5. This really isn't fair to throw the emailer problem back at the user.

Comment

A work around bluelou is to use in your indicator SmtpClient Class that comes in the .Net Framework and not use NT SendMail.

Allows applications to send email by using the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). The SmtpClient type is obsolete on some platforms and not recommended on others; for more information, see the Remarks section.

Comment

Hi bluelou,

We've done some additional checking in to this and have found some information on Yahoo, Gmail, HotMail and Comcast mail.

Yahoo:
                          User must have a "Yahoo! Mail Plus" account, this is a $19.99/yr service.
                          Untested as we do not have access to a "Plus" account.

Gmail:
                          See 'GmailConfig.jpg'.
                          Please note in the screen shot below the user name does NOT contain the "@gmail.com".

Comcast:
                          See 'ComcastConfig.jpg'.
                          Please note in the screen shot below the user name does NOT contain the "@comcast.net".

Hotmail:
                          See 'HotMailConfig.jpg'.
                          Please note in the screen shot below the user name contains the "@hotmail.com".
                          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the effort guys

Comment

Kyle and Pacpac,
                              Thank you for your help. Kyle, I was able to use a regular gmail account with the settings you provided. Adding the @gmail.com suffix to the user name wasn't an issue. Anyone interested can see the attached screenshot.

~Lou

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post kujista
                              by kujista

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 04:32 PM