Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My charts aren't loading

Hi,

My charts aren't loading in NT 7.0.1000.4. I have the Zen-Fire feed. I have problems too with the SuperDOM not showing the market depth. No bids no asks with only the current price showing. And when I try to change anything in the Tools > Options menu, when I okay the change I get the error message below and when I open up NT again the change is gone. Thanks.
    Attached Files

Hello bce111,

Can you please send to support your log / trace files so we can see what is happening internally with the platform?

Easiest way is with Help > Mail to support feature. In the subject write: Attn: RyanM 453319

Thank you.
    Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Ryan

I sent it.

Comment

Thank you for the files. You receive this message frequently:
        2011-03-17 09:41:16:866 ********* exception trapped *********
        2011-03-17 09:41:16:866 The requested operation cannot be performed on a file with a user-mapped section open.

2011-03-17 09:41:16:866 at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

The most common reason for seeing this is when you have an antivirus or security software that attempts to access NinjaTrader files at the same time. This could also be an archiving or backup program. Please try to disable these types of programs to confirm. If NinjaTrader works properly when they are disabled, you can typically add My Documents\NinjaTrader 7 folder to their list of exceptions .

Comment

Thanks, Ryan

I added that folder to the list of exemptions for the Resident Shield in AVG Free 2011 Anti-virus software I use. We'll see if that works. But the reality also is everything was working fine this morning and all last week even, and that was active without the exemption so that may not be the issue. I just opened up NT 7 again the charts are still not loading. And I need it to be fixed by tomorrow so I can trade. Also NT 6.5 had the same issues which it never does. Thanks.

PS the only thing I changed right before this happened was I added CL 05-11 in the Instrument Manager section.
          Last edited by bce111; 03-17-2011, 04:36 PM.

Comment

That was the only specific crashing message noted in the log and we've always seen it caused by external software. Please monitor with AVG disabled or with NT added to exceptions. If you have any other software that fits the description, disable that as well.

If you continue to see issues, please send an email to support 'at' ninjatrader 'dot' com. We have support until 10:00 PM eastern time tonight, but it's unlikely they will be monitoring this thread.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
            117 responses
            1 like
            Last Post jculp
            by jculp

Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
            5 responses