Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB Forex problems

Hi,
    I try to execute automatic strategies with MB and have many errors.
    1. After many hours/days suddenly "Account not loaded"
    2. "Account XXXXXXXX is unavailable for trading". The account specified somehow exist in NT but I don't use it at all.
    3. Lost connections

Now I read in another thread that someone wanted to stop using NT because of many problems with executions with MB and NT said that MB is not a preferred Broker for Forex trading. So who is? Which broker can I use without problems?

Baruch

Hello Baruch,

MBTrading is a supported forex broker with NinjaTrader. However there is a known issue with MBTrading regarding position events. Please see the information below from the MBTrading disclaimer that appears after creating a MBTrading connection.

MB Trading position events are generated before orders are executed. Since NinjaTrader relies on execution events to come prior to poistion events, you will experience limitations with tracing positions from the Strategies tab of the Control Center and trying to rely on the standard sequence of events (order executions before position) in NinjaScript.

Please note that NinjaTrader does not dictate when a connection is lost. It operates like a radio receiver in that it receives a signal from your broker and then displays/reports these signals back to you the trader. When a connection is lost, it is the broker's API that determines this and reports this to NinjaTrader which in turn reports this back to the trader.

The common problems that contribute to this are:

- ISP issues
    - hardware firewall issues changing IP addresses frequently
    - Dynamic ISP address switching the address frequently intraday. Usually this happens once a week but you may want to check with your ISP. If they do change daily, a static IP address may work.
    - With Windows XP SP2, if you have more than 10 open TCPIP socket connections open (10 programs making connections through the internet) windows will randomly shut down some connections
    - Broker servers having problems
    - Software, such as (corporate) firewalls, spyware and anti-virus software, that could be interfering the connection

Could it be you experience a disconnection when you experienced the "Account not loaded" message? Please check the Control Center-->Log-tab for any errors that refer to connectivity at the time you experienced the "Account not loaded" message.

Since you do not use the account in the message at #2, you can disregard it. Could it be referring a demo account? I suggest to contact MBTrading for clarification regarding this account.

In addition, please see our supported forex broker partners below.

- PFGBEST.com
    - MB Trading
    - Interactive Brokers
    - GAIN Capital/FOREX.com
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,
      The explanation that you provided has nothing to do with me.
      I run my strategies on a server on WEB farm, on Win7 and no disconnects.
      I have more problems:
      1. On Friday I wanted to close a position, I repeat to C L O S E, and got an error message that my account does not support forex!?!?!?
      2. Today I want to enable the strategies again and 2 of them do not start. I get an error message that the strategy was unable to close live orders. There are no orders to close!!!! I tried to put them on a new MB demo account and the same error.
      Here is from trace:
      **NT** Enabling NinjaScript strategy 'ZZStop1/7d67e649b80e4ac584d1edd4766b1a34' : On starting a real-time strategy - StrategySync=WaitUntilFlat SyncAccountPosition=False EntryHandling=AllEntries EntriesPerDirection=1 StopTargetHandling=PerEntryExecution ErrorHandling=TakeNoAction ExitOnClose=False Set order quantity by=Strategy ConnectionLossHandling=KeepRunning DisconnectDelaySeconds=10 CancelEntryOrdersOnDisable=True CancelExitOrdersOnDisable=True MaxRestarts=4 in 5 minutes
      **NT** Unable to cancel out live orders. Strategy 'ZZStop1/7d67e649b80e4ac584d1edd4766b1a34' was not started.
      3/21/2011 3:00:00 AM CancelAllOrders: BarsInProgress=0
      3/21/2011 3:21:55 AM CancelAllOrders: BarsInProgress=1
      Please advise me what to do.

Baruch

Comment

Hello Baruch,

I included that information regarding the position events to inform you about a known limitation with MBTrading. You were referring to another thread about many issues with MBTrading and NinjaTrader.

Could you please answer the questions below regarding your initial issue at #1 and #2.

Could it be you experience a disconnection when you experienced the "Account not loaded" message? Please check the Control Center-->Log-tab for any errors that refer to connectivity at the time you experienced the "Account not loaded" message.

Since you do not use the account in the message at #2, you can disregard it. Could it be referring a demo account? I suggest to contact MBTrading for clarification regarding this account.

Can you please send me your entire log and trace files for last Friday. You can find log and trace files at the following locations.

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Log--> log.20110321 for today. (log.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Start Menu--> My Documents--> NinjaTrader 7--> Trace--> trace.20110321 for today. (trace.yyyymmdd for any other date)

Please send them to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Once connected to MBTrading, can you please go to Control Center-->Instrument Manager. Let me know what instrument types are listed under 'Type' - does it include 'Currencies'?

Do you receive real-time data if you select a forex instrument in NinjaTrader?
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,
          I don't have any disconnects. I checks Windows logs.
          I have in "Type" - index, currency.
          Why don't you understand, I'm not a beginner and if I say that I have a problem exiting a trade that means that I entered this trade with the same account and same strategy.
          Do you receive real-time data if you select a forex instrument in NinjaTrader?
          Please don't ask me whose questions!

I sent you my logs by NT mail send.
          Baruch

Comment

Baruch,

I have reviewed your log file and it does look like you are using NT7.0.1000.3. From this version we have updated the use of MBT to be on MBT Navigator 11.6.0.0. We fully understand you are not a beginner, but to be able to properly debug and assist you we need to be able to confidently cross things off as potential issues instead of just relying on assumptions.

It is not evident to me whether or not you have upgraded MBT to this required version. Can you please confirm which MBT version you have on that machine? Thank you for your patience. If you need a link for 11.6.0.0 you can get it here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Josh,
              I do use MBT Navigator 11.6.0.0

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke