Using TradeStation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using TradeStation

1. As I understand it, TradeStation cannot be the live feed for using the NInjaTrader platform with Interactive broker. Please verify whether this is correct. If such is the case, what obstacle makes this combination impossible?

2. What options, if any, are there for using TradeStation as the live feed (including EasyLanguage, TS Charting, etc) with the NinjaTrader platform (inlcuding the NT DLLs that work so well with TradeStation in simulated mode)? That is, what brokers on the order placement side are available for a TradeStation-NinjaTrader combination?

3. Is it possible to use IB feed and order placement with NinjaTrader the intermediate platform? If so, is there in this combination a way to use TradeStation EasyLanguage as the mode for creating custom automatic trading?

let me try to clarify:

You can:
    - feed live data from TS not NT http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tationDataFeed
    - trigger order signals from TS to NT (see Automated Trading Interface in the docs)

You can not:
    - feed live data from NT to TS
    - trigger order signals from NT to TS

Comment

Dierk, thank your for a prompt reply.

My issue: How do I get from TS+NT to the Globex trading system for live trading? Don't I need a broker? If so, what brokers are compatible with TS+NT? Is Interactivebrokers one such broker?

Comment

Automated Trading

Hello,

I have provided a link below, with a list of all of our supported broker partners and IB is one of them.

Comment

For clarification.

You can not connect NT to TS through the External Data Feed connection as a live feed and simultaneously connect to IB to place trades.
          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chris, thank you.

I understand that IB is not an option with TS+NT front end. But what brokers are compatible with this front-end combination. I don't want to blindly select a broker, then discover that they cannot handle the TS data feed plus automated orders using combination of TS code and NT platform.

Comment

Automated Trading

Hello,

It is possible to use TS to send your orders to NinjaTrader and have them executed in any of our supported brokers.

To accomplish this, you will need to set up the ATI interface and an account connection to one of our supported brokers.

TS will send an email notification for NinjaTrader to fill the order at your broker.

What is not possible is to use TS data and connect to one of the broker partners. The broker partner will provide the data needed in NinjaTrader for the orders to be filled.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Segwin, 05-07-2018, 02:15 PM
              10 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Leafcutter  
              Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Max238