Strategy synchronization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy synchronization

I have two strategies running on TF. One on a TF 15min and one on a TF 60min. I set both to "Sync account position" true. I was flat, and these are both using the "Sim101" account. When I enabled them, the one that was currently flat showed an order entry "Synchronize 1@792". The one that was currently long showed nothing. Why are they confused? Is there some way to trace why it decided to put the wrong one as long?

There is an ID and an Order ID in the "Executions" but I don't know how to relate these back to the respective strategies.

I tried shutting down and restarting from scratch. I then found that enabling the 60 min strategy that had a long position correctly bought one contract. When I enabled the 15min strategy that was supposed to be flat it sold the 1 long position purchased by the other strategy!

Comment

So what I'm seeing is that the last strategy to be enabled, clears all positions and syncs the account with the newly enabled strategy. This means it is clearing other strategies positions!

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your patience.

This is exactly the case.

This is the reason why each strategy has its own internal position. If you sync this to the account position this will then cause the strategy position to == the Account Position.

You never want to use Sync account position when your running multple strategies on the same account and same instrument. You would always want to check account sync manually in this case.

Comment

Can I setup another Sim account like Sim102? Then I can use different accounts and have it sync automatically?

Comment

Hello,

Yes you can do this.

Control Center->Tools->Options->Simulator->Accounts to create a new account.

You need a live license to use this feature. This will not work on the free version of NInjaTrader. (Since it requires changing accounts which isnt allowed in the free version).

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post funk10101  
            Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
            11 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post jeronymite