Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Data Feed

Good Day
    Is it possible to use the ninjascript to feed data in from a external source (i.e. I already can fetch this data from jforex (Duka)) and to plot a chart in real time from this data?

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

Unfortunately this is not supported. I'm not saying that there is no way it could be done, just that there is no supported methods in NinjaTrader that allow for this.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

so how do you reckon they are doing it here:

http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/engli...hp?f=8&t=23774

looks as if it doesn't work for win xp (just in case someone tries it out)...
      http://www.bigmiketrading.com/vendor...atrader-3.html
      Last edited by Anon005; 03-21-2011, 07:11 AM. Reason: additional details

Comment

Originally posted by jkrjora View Post
        so how do you reckon they are doing it here:

http://www.dukascopy.com/swiss/engli...hp?f=8&t=23774

looks as if it doesn't work for win xp (just in case someone tries it out)...
        http://www.bigmiketrading.com/vendor...atrader-3.html
        I believe they are using our Automated Trading Interface.

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for that Ray. I was only mentioning it because the earlier post was making out you couldn't do it. DNT certainly has issues, because the trading side of NT doesn't cross sync with DK.

Where I am at now: Use external Dukascopy feed for the NT strategy to read, all other things can be queried/managed by the NT strategy & dlls (bid/ask, liquidity, positions, margin etc).

3 questions that remain;
          a) can I bring volume data across to the EDF (external data feed) for full functionality (i.e. volume based charts)?
          b) Is what I am doing as described above supported?
          c) If this is not supported on the sim account, what account should I run it on seeing that I can't connect to my DK account by default?

I trust that the EDF connection is a step in the right direction towards a truly independent platform.

Comment

Originally posted by jkrjora View Post
            Thanks for that Ray. I was only mentioning it because the earlier post was making out you couldn't do it. DNT certainly has issues, because the trading side of NT doesn't cross sync with DK.

Where I am at now: Use external Dukascopy feed for the NT strategy to read, all other things can be queried/managed by the NT strategy & dlls (bid/ask, liquidity, positions, margin etc).

3 questions that remain;
            a) can I bring volume data across to the EDF (external data feed) for full functionality (i.e. volume based charts)?
            b) Is what I am doing as described above supported?
            c) If this is not supported on the sim account, what account should I run it on seeing that I can't connect to my DK account by default?

I trust that the EDF connection is a step in the right direction towards a truly independent platform.
            a) The external data feed via the ATI interface allows you to send market data to NinjaTrader. By this definition, you can chart volume charts in real time.
            b) No it is not. We only support live trading through our own brokerage adapters.
            c) Only our own brokerage adapters are supported for live trading.
            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ray View Post
              a) The external data feed via the ATI interface allows you to send market data to NinjaTrader. By this definition, you can chart volume charts in real time.
              I need to send some data to my app, can you point me how to use the ATI interface to do it?

Comment

Hello RobinT,

The ATI Interface would not send data. There would not be a function or method for this in NinjaScript or the ATI Interface.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post CactusMan  
                Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post giulyko00