Lost Desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost Desktop

Overnight my connection was lost with IB. When I closed out NT this AM then restarted my charts, dom, t&s, all were gone. What do I do to save my desktop so I do not have to reconfigure when this happens.

Thank you

You might consider trying 6.5 which supports workspace management: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/v...ead.php?t=3924

Comment

News Feed

Thank you very much for the quick reply. That is exactly what I am going to do. Since I am just switching to NT from another platform I would prefer to get my chops on the latest/newest version.

One more question please. Because I am moving from a more elaborate 6 monitor trading setup to a more simplified 2 monitor setup I am interested in feeding the NT news window with a data service that will give me a very timely feed. For instance, when the economic calendar events take place many times I like to trade these releases but they are usually very fast moving events when they occur. Can you recommend a data service that is compatible with NT and would provide this sort on news without delay.

Thank you

Comment

eSignal and DTN/IQFeed both provide news feed. Unfortunately we are unable to recommend one over the other.

Comment

Alerts

Thank you again I will speak to both vendors today and ask questions of them as it applies to my needs.

Yet one final question. I have now downloaded NT 6.5 and was setting up my desktop. I am interested in audible alerts on some of my charts. I draw lines and like to be alerted when there is a crossing. Is this a feature that is planned for the properties section of the drawing tool or is this something that I must program as a user?

Thank you

Comment

Unfortunately this is not supported as tool on a chart. You could:
            - look into the market analyzer which support configurable alerts
            - custom code your own indicator which then triggers alerts (requires NinjaScript coding)

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
            Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Kimberly