Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja + Kinetick - Cannot connect..

All

Right now, I have an issue with Kinetick & Ninja.

Ninja opens OK but then loops around the 'connection lost' message like this:

3/20/2011 8:38:21 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=ConnectionLost
    3/20/2011 8:38:22 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    3/20/2011 8:38:23 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=ConnectionLost
    3/20/2011 8:38:24 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    3/20/2011 8:38:24 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=ConnectionLost
    3/20/2011 8:38:25 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    3/20/2011 8:38:26 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=ConnectionLost
    3/20/2011 8:38:27 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    3/20/2011 8:38:27 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=ConnectionLost
    3/20/2011 8:38:28 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    3/20/2011 8:38:28 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=ConnectionLost
    3/20/2011 8:38:29 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    3/20/2011 8:38:30 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=ConnectionLost
    3/20/2011 8:38:31 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    3/20/2011 8:38:31 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=ConnectionLost
    3/20/2011 8:38:32 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    3/20/2011 8:38:32 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=ConnectionLost
    3/20/2011 8:38:33 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    3/20/2011 8:38:34 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=ConnectionLost
    3/20/2011 8:38:35 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    3/20/2011 8:38:35 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=ConnectionLost
    3/20/2011 8:38:36 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    3/20/2011 8:38:36 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=ConnectionLost
    3/20/2011 8:38:37 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    3/20/2011 8:38:38 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=ConnectionLost
    3/20/2011 8:38:39 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected
    3/20/2011 8:38:39 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=ConnectionLost, Price feed=ConnectionLost
    3/20/2011 8:38:40 PM|1|2|Kinetick: Primary connection=Connected, Price feed=Connected

Ninja + IB is the same. I see that someone else on here has an issue with Ninja + Zenfire.

Perhaps the data feed isn't the issue....

Pete
    Last edited by DionysusToast; 03-20-2011, 07:26 PM. Reason: added version no

Hello DionysusToas,

Can you please check for software on your PC such as firewall and anti-virus software that could be interfering the connection. Please temporary disable such software and check if the issue remains.

Do you have 'Connect on startup' enabled as per the Kinetick connection? If so, please proceed as follows. Go to (My) Documents-->NinjaTrader 7 and delete the Config.xml file. This file holds all created connections so they will be lost.

Start NinjaTrader and recreate your Kinetick connection.

Subsequently check if the connection issue persists.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jason

This is software I use every day. My firewall is already disabled so that's not the issue.

Before I go around deleting config files - can you guys confirm that you can connect to Kinetick with Ninja yourselves?

I have seen multiple posts today about connections not being right and I'm not prepared to start deleting config files unless I know you guys have checked things your end by connecting yourselves.

Thanks

Pete

Comment

Hello Pete,

Yes, I am able to connect to Kinetick on my end. My PC clock is set to MDT time zone.
        Attached Files

Comment

Cannot connect with Kinetick

Guys, I have the same problem, I have sent an email to NT/Kinetick support earlier. I am located in Germany.
          Please resolve this issue asap!

Attached Files
          Last edited by PowerM; 03-21-2011, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Hello PowerM,

Can you please try the instructions at post #2.

If the issue remains, could you please send me your Kinetick connection username and password, so I can test it on my end.

You can send the information to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Please put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this forum thread.

Comment

Hi Jason,

I will send you my data right now. I disabled my AV software, also set up again the XML-file, no change. I start in global simunlation mode and do not connect on startup.

Comment

Guys

There's plenty of threads regarding this issue on the forum. It's your issue, not ours. I'm not going to start deleting files until you can show why this will resolve the problem.

That file contains license keys, my vendor id, my connection details. I'm not deleting it just so you can see what happens. It's too much work to set up again.

When you have a resolution to the issue - let us know. It's also intermittent - it's OK now but I will post when it occurs again.

Pete

Comment

Hello Pete,

I tested PowerM's Kinetick connection on my end and I was able to reproduce the issue. So please disregard the deletion of the Config.xml file, since it seems to be related to certain Kinetick connections only.

I have contacted Kinetick and development regarding the issue. Once I have feedback, I will let you know.

Comment

Thanks Jason

Not sure if this helps...

I logged off as another piece of software on my PC had crashed. Up to that point I was fine with Kinetick data.

After restarting Ninja, I got the connection problem again - seems like it's intermittent but no pattern I can discern from my end as yet.

Pete

Comment

Kinetick

I am absolutely flipping out. As if trading wasn't hard enough already, first the zen fire issues, and now kinetick. Ninja is fast becoming the 'best piece of junk in the industry' (no offense, wonderful support team), but let's face it, release after release, (who is sick of upgrading?) bug after bug. If it wasn't so good otherwise of course we'd all have fled by now.

Tell the boss to take all of this years profits and finally re-build the thing properly.

Again, love your work team, not your fault, please help with kinetick issue urgently.

wave

Comment

Sorry to hear about the issue.

I will update this forum thread once there is new information. We are currently investigating what is causing the issue with Kinetick and development.

Comment

Originally posted by waverider View Post
                          I am absolutely flipping out. As if trading wasn't hard enough already, first the zen fire issues, and now kinetick. Ninja is fast becoming the 'best piece of junk in the industry' (no offense, wonderful support team), but let's face it, release after release, (who is sick of upgrading?) bug after bug. If it wasn't so good otherwise of course we'd all have fled by now.

Tell the boss to take all of this years profits and finally re-build the thing properly.

Again, love your work team, not your fault, please help with kinetick issue urgently.

wave
                          There is a problem with an isolated level II server in the Kinetick server farm. Operations is currently investigating this with the highest priority. If you experience repeated disconnects, you can try and reconnect since the connection may be directed to a different level II server thus alleviating the problem.
                          RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The problem has been resolved. If you still experience the issue, simply restart and reconnect. Thanks to everyone for their patience in this matter.
                            RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

A restart/reconnect does nothing for me. I am still not able to download data from Kinetick.

EDIT: Just a minute after I posted, my data is up and running.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post WHICKED
                              by WHICKED

Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                              15 responses
                              0 likes