Fastest EOD data feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fastest EOD data feed

Okay, so I'm using the market analyzer with daily indicators to analyze around 8000+ stocks.

I use the free Kinetick feed to load EOD-data for all the stocks, so that the indicators have the data they need.

The problem is however that loading daily data for 8000 stocks is a slow operation. It takes around an hour to load everything. So what I'm wondering, is is there any faster data feeds for loading EOD-data? If I subscribe to Kinetick, will they give me a faster feed?

Thanks.

Hi StockStalker,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forum.

Of the EOD connections, Kinetick is by far the fastest. That said, it will take some time to load the amount of data which you're requesting.

It would not speed things up to use a full Kinetick account. The only way to speed the loading of the data up would be to reduce what data is being loaded.
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the fast response

Hm, there must be a way to make it load faster? According to my NetLimiter, its only loading data at 15kb/s.

Is this a limitation within NT rather than data feed/internet speed?

Comment

Hi StockStalker,

This is a limitation of the data provider - NinjaTrader will load data at the rate the data is provided to the software. Unfortunately, there's not a method to force Kinetick to give your data requests more bandwidth - the only way to improve load times is to reduce what data set is loading.

Comment

I understand, so it's a limitation of the data provider.

There must be some other providers then providing EOD-data faster than Kinetick? What about Yahoo or Google?

The one hour wait isn't really a big deal as I got it automated to start before I wake up. But it would still be nice to load it faster. Its the only thing that's been bugging me so far, but other than that it's a very nice software!

Comment

Hi StockStalker,

Since Google and Yahoo data is not integrated in to the NinjaTrader platform to the degree which Kinetick is, I'd project even longer load times with either of these providers.

Comment

Okay no big deal, I'll figure it out somehow.

Another thing, I am wondering how large degree of automation NT can do. Would it be possible to:

Automate the process of EOD-scanning 8000 stocks, then automatically select the ones which meet my custom indicator criteria, putting these into a real-time market analyzer which is monitoring the selected stocks for a spesific real-time setup, then automatically enter the trade once the set-up occurs. Then setting a pre-defined stop-loss and a profit-stop of X-percentage. All this automatically.

Would this be possible in NT?

Comment

Hello,

This is Brett further assisting for Kyle.

This would not be possible inside of NinjaTrader. Since you have to open data connections up for each instrument in realtime with NinjaTraders strategies. I have seen people run about 100+ instrument automated with one strategy for scanning stocks and then automatically trading them. However no where near 8000.

You would do this with multi series strategy programming.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                  This would not be possible inside of NinjaTrader. Since you have to open data connections up for each instrument in realtime with NinjaTraders strategies. I have seen people run about 100+ instrument automated with one strategy for scanning stocks and then automatically trading them. However no where near 8000.
                  Okay so what you're saying is I must scan the 8000 stocks manually (as I do now), then manually select those who meet my criteria, and insert them in a real-time MA-window.

But from this point, the rest can happen automatically. Meaning the computer finds real-time setups in the MA-window, then trades them based on my preferences regarding stoploss and profit-stop.

Am I understanding it correctly?

Comment

Hello,

This is correct.

Comment

Good, good.

But one thing, when I say "the computer finds real-time setups", I also mean the computer should be able to enter this stock automatically when the set-up occurs. Then automatically exit when a stoploss / profit-stop is triggered.

So, do I still understand it correctly?

Also, I heard something about instrument-names needing to be hardcoded into the automation-system. I assume this is wrong? Because I need the automation-system as described above to be able to run on any set of real-time stocks, independent of their names or exchanges or whatever.
                      Last edited by StockStalker; 03-21-2011, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Hello,

Understanding is still correct.

Yes you would need to start the strategies manually on each stock or instrument that you wanted to start them on. Or use multi series proramming with one strategy. Either approach still requires you to setup the stocks your planning on trading that day. Once you get your base stocks you trade setup, these would save to the workspace and then you are able to add or take away stocks as needed and enable all the strategy at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                          Yes you would need to start the strategies manually on each stock or instrument that you wanted to start them on. Or use multi series proramming with one strategy. Either approach still requires you to setup the stocks your planning on trading that day. Once you get your base stocks you trade setup, these would save to the workspace and then you are able to add or take away stocks as needed and enable all the strategy at the same time.
                          Hm, I haven't read too much about this yet.
                          Setup the stocks as in putting them into the MA-window, or setup as in coding their names into an automation strategy each day?

I was under the impression that you could just import them into the MA-window, then rightclick on them and start a "global" strategy/autosystem that works on any stocks irregardles of name?
                          Last edited by StockStalker; 03-21-2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Hello,

The MA window is not related to running strategies. You would need to start the strategies using one of these two methods.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Okay so say I scan the 8000 stocks with daily indicators, I find 200 that I want my computer to autotrade througout the day; Enter the trade when a spesific set-up occurs, and exit after X% profit/loss, easy peasy.

Now, my question is what do I do after I find these 200 stocks at the beginning of each day? Say I have exported them to a .txt file. Where do I import them so they can be autotraded?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ETFVoyageur, Today, 07:05 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ETFVoyageur  
                              Started by Orion815, 05-02-2024, 08:39 AM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Orion815