Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

Thanks for the update.

I don't believe changing the merge policy necessarily corrects the issue, but rather reloading the data.

I was asking for an email to give you specific instructions to collect some data for the next time this occurs and to open an existing email thread to establish email as a channel for communication as we will need to your chart settings and chart cache sent to us via email.

If you would rather not open a new email thread for this issue, I can give you the instructions via this thread.

The next time this occurs, please do not reload the data, but rather navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\ and compress the DB folder into a zip archive. You can compress this data into a ZIP format by right clicking on the DB folder and select "Add to ZIP Archive"

After you have collected this information, please email it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include 'attn matthew' and a reference to this thread and the chart data attachment.

After you have successfully emailed us this data, please reload the historical data and check to see if it has corrected this issue. If it then corrects, I will need a second email which includes the updated and corrected historical data. Please compress this data into a .ZIP archive using the same method as above.

If these ZIP files are very large, please use the following 3rd party service to email us these files:

http://filexpressit.com/main
    MatthewNinjaTrader Product Management

Comment

I can do that.

That is interesting.

Should I set the option to store ZenFire as historical data to yes or no?

Comment

Thanks ThatMan...

Yes, please enable "Save chart data as historical".

Please do your best to recall every action taken prior to the range bars acting up. Any additional information you can provide to reproduce this error will be helpful.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

More of the Same...

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Matthew View Post
          Hello,

Thanks for the update.

I don't believe changing the merge policy necessarily corrects the issue, but rather reloading the data.

I was asking for an email to give you specific instructions to collect some data for the next time this occurs and to open an existing email thread to establish email as a channel for communication as we will need to your chart settings and chart cache sent to us via email.

If you would rather not open a new email thread for this issue, I can give you the instructions via this thread.

The next time this occurs, please do not reload the data, but rather navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\ and compress the DB folder into a zip archive. You can compress this data into a ZIP format by right clicking on the DB folder and select "Add to ZIP Archive"

After you have collected this information, please email it to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and include 'attn matthew' and a reference to this thread and the chart data attachment.

After you have successfully emailed us this data, please reload the historical data and check to see if it has corrected this issue. If it then corrects, I will need a second email which includes the updated and corrected historical data. Please compress this data into a .ZIP archive using the same method as above.

If these ZIP files are very large, please use the following 3rd party service to email us these files:

http://filexpressit.com/main
          I sent the DB to support attention Matthew, as requested.

I closed NT and restarted it, the long bars were gone everything looked correct. I didn't have to reload to get it to work.

Normally I reload EVERY DAY before I start, to day I did not. This is the first time this has happened since I last posted.

I will simply go back to reloading every day before I start. It's a pain but not as painful as losing money.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LongCandles_5_3_2011.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	861685

Comment

ThatManFromTexas,

Are you opening up your charts in the middle of the trading session when you start or are you starting prior to market open each day?
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
              ThatManFromTexas,

Are you opening up your charts in the middle of the trading session when you start or are you starting prior to market open each day?
              I open charts before 8:30 Central.

I use 24/7 on instruments.

It happened again this afternoon. I reloaded historical data , bars went away.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LongeCan2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	861688

Comment

Hello,

Do you see the issue on multiple charts, or just this one? Can you please try loading a 5 range chart without any indicators or templates and test to see if you experience the issue on both charts at the same time?

Is there anything you can do to reproduce the issue? You mentioned it happened without reloading historical data. If you shut down from NinjaTrader, and restart without reloading, do you see the same issue?

Comment

Hello,

Do you see the issue on multiple charts, or just this one? Can you please try loading a 5 range chart without any indicators or templates and test to see if you experience the issue on both charts at the same time?

Is there anything you can do to reproduce the issue? You mentioned it happened without reloading historical data. If you shut down from NinjaTrader, and restart without reloading, do you see the same issue?

I only had one chart up.

If I shut NT down and restart NT the bars go away.

If I reload historical data, the bars go away.

Comment

Ooopps.. It did It Again

Hello,

This happened all morning, 5/10/2011.

After the last occurrence earlier in May, I loaded 6 charts . One with no indicators , one with all my indicators, and the others somewhere in between.

All the charts had the same problem occur, but not at the same time. I could find no pattern.

I have forwarded trace files, log files and a compressed DB.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for reporting. I have received your DB files and will test this further.

Comment

ThatManFromTexas,

I've been running this on a spare machine for the past 3 weeks, 24 hours a day, and never ran into an issue once. Today I experienced no issues either. Was there anything being done before experiencing this today? Please try to recollect every action taken leading up to it in as much detail as possible. Unfortunately you are the only report of this and all I can suggest at this point in time is for you to try a 100% clean reinstall without installing any 3rd party components and see if you still run into the issue. I realize this means you can't look at any of your indicators and such, but this is an important step to be able to nail down what is happening and eliminate all 3rd party components as potential factors. Please don't put them on different charts or better yet, please don't even install them at this point in time.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:

NOTE: You will lose ALL settings, custom files, data, etc. Please back them up beforehand if you wish to preserve them.

1. Close all running applications.
                        2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                        3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
                        4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
                        5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
                        6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                        7. Reboot your machine.
                        8. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
                          Download

Comment

ThatManFromTexas,

I've been running this on a spare machine for the past 3 weeks, 24 hours a day, and never ran into an issue once. Today I experienced no issues either. Was there anything being done before experiencing this today? Please try to recollect every action taken leading up to it in as much detail as possible. Unfortunately you are the only report of this and all I can suggest at this point in time is for you to try a 100% clean reinstall without installing any 3rd party components and see if you still run into the issue. I realize this means you can't look at any of your indicators and such, but this is an important step to be able to nail down what is happening and eliminate all 3rd party components as potential factors. Please don't put them on different charts or better yet, please don't even install them at this point in time.

Please follow the steps listed below to completely uninstall and reinstall NinjaTrader:

NOTE: You will lose ALL settings, custom files, data, etc. Please back them up beforehand if you wish to preserve them.

1. Close all running applications.
                          2. Then from the Start menu select --> Control Panel --> Add and Remove Programs.
                          3. From Add and Remove Programs select NinjaTrader 7 and click Remove.
                          4. Then manually delete the folder "NinjaTrader 7" located under Start --> My Documents.
                          5. Delete any NinjaTrader installation files. This can be done by going to Start --> My Computer --> Search button --> search for (NinjaTrader*) --> select Local C Disk and then press search.
                          6. Then you will need to clear your internet browser cache and history. You will clear this from within your internet browser (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history).
                          7. Reboot your machine.
                          8. Once these steps are completed, download NT7 from the link below:
                            Download
                          1. I Delete NT(completely) and download a "clean" version every time I have a problem. It is much quicker and less irritating than the cut and paste answers afforded here.

2. I have NO 3rd party software.

3. This started after I downloaded the latest version of NT.

4. I have never seen this happen on Sierra Charts or Multi Charts.

5. I had two charts up, doing nothing out of the normal unless you count trying to trade with NT.

6. Don't worry, I will not waste anymore time reporting errors with your software on this forum. However I will feel obligated to share this information on trading discussion boards.

At least I won the bet on your response;

1. We have NEVER seen this.
                          2. You are the only person out of the 10,000 users that reported this.
                          3. We suggest you dump everything and start over.

Regards,
                          TMFT

Comment

ThatManFromTexas,

Your last screenshot shows you do have 3rd party components installed. Standard NinjaTrader does not have any OHLC values on the toolbar or any such "Show Executions" buttons seen in some of your prior screenshots. The last screenshot also has CandleSticks shown as the chart style, yet the chart has no candle bars. That is most likely caused by some 3rd party non-standard NT indicator.

Please don't misunderstand. No one is doubting you are seeing something odd and we are extremely interested in getting this resolved. As I have personally tested this for an extended period of time to no avail, all I can suggest right now is for you to drop all 3rd party components and try with a standard, clean NT chart. This means no 3rd party components, no custom indicators, nothing. We aren't pushing such suggestions just to try and get you off our backs. It is critical to establish a working base scenario first so we have somewhere to work off of. After such a scenario is established then slowly adding back various components will allow the eventual isolation of where exactly things are breaking down. Thank you for your cooperation.

Comment

ThatManFromTexas,

Your last screenshot shows you do have 3rd party components installed. Standard NinjaTrader does not have any OHLC values on the toolbar or any such "Show Executions" buttons seen in some of your prior screenshots. The last screenshot also has CandleSticks shown as the chart style, yet the chart has no candle bars. That is most likely caused by some 3rd party non-standard NT indicator.

Please don't misunderstand. No one is doubting you are seeing something odd and we are extremely interested in getting this resolved. As I have personally tested this for an extended period of time to no avail, all I can suggest right now is for you to drop all 3rd party components and try with a standard, clean NT chart. This means no 3rd party components, no custom indicators, nothing. We aren't pushing such suggestions just to try and get you off our backs. It is critical to establish a working base scenario first so we have somewhere to work off of. After such a scenario is established then slowly adding back various components will allow the eventual isolation of where exactly things are breaking down. Thank you for your cooperation.

Those are indicators I wrote in NT.

Should I not be writing indicators in NT?

If that's the case, I should just use the free copy ... and you could send back the money I pay to have the ability to write indicators.

I have had this happen on a plain chart with NO indicators on it.

See my previous posts.

A less abrasive response from you might have been something along the lines... We don't know what is causing the problem.

Comment

Problem loading Range Bars

I have a problem loading Range Bars. I have some historical data feed and I have no problem loading it in minutes,days, etc.

But when I want to load Range Bars, in the best of cases it just load one day (18/5/2011) and very little bars.
                                In other cases it doesnt'load anything.

What I do is in:
                                Type: Range,
                                Load data based on: Days (I also tried Bars and Custom Range with the same result)
                                Days to load: 3000 (or more)
                                End date: 19/5/2011

Two images are attached
                                Thank you
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes