RePlay a strategy and all strategys show their trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RePlay a strategy and all strategys show their trades

I have never quite gotten the 'hang' of RePlay connection, and the data is only 1 second so it is restrictive. However, when applying a strategy to a replay connected chart, and selecting 'Realtime' (as I expect to playforward as if it (chart + strategy) is getting data in accelerated time) there is displayed ALL the strategys that played during the day in SIM on actual time. Can this be correct use?

IF I select 'Backtest' in the strategy only that strategy is displaying its trades but they are same as when backtesting on historical data (ie market orders always filling on the close value of the trigger bar) ... this seems odd to me for some reason is it expected?

Jon

Hello,

Can you please reclarify what you mean here as I'm not sure what your referencing to with disaplaying all strategies. What do you mean specifically dispalying what?

However, when applying a strategy to a replay connected chart, and selecting 'Realtime' (as I expect to playforward as if it (chart + strategy) is getting data in accelerated time) there is displayed ALL the strategys that played during the day in SIM on actual time. Can this be correct use?

Also, on your secondary question when you say this what window specifically are you selecting BackTest in?

IF I select 'Backtest'

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Hello,

Can you please reclarify what you mean here as I'm not sure what your referencing to with disaplaying all strategies. What do you mean specifically dispalying what?.
      ALL the trades taken by all the strategies, even if assigned to different accounts, they are all displayed by text, not display the lines/arrows etc.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
      Also, on your secondary question when you say this what window specifically are you selecting BackTest in?
      I am referring to the backtest parameter in the strategy input dialogue... as in select 'backtest/realtime' select enable 'true/false' etc

Jon

Comment

Hello,

On the markers issue please right click on the chart and select data series. Go down to Plot Executions and set this to Text and Marker.

On the parameter question this is not a parameter that is built by NinjaTrader. This is something added in to the strategy if this is coming up for the strategy parameter to set this.

I do not know what this would do or what its there for. You would need to contact the indicator developer for more information on this.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        16 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leafcutter  
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post WHICKED