Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

MBTrading Forex made 14 false executions... $155 loss without authorizing any trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Response to post #14

"do you agree with his comment and my assumption that the atm issue is causing the 'account not loaded' issue wherein you completely lose control of the account"

No, I do not see it related. The fact that no ATM orders are submitted when disconnected does not cause the 'account not loaded' error message. It seems MBTrading refers to a different known issue with MBTrading. We receive position updates before execution updates from MBTrading. If you use automated NinjaScript strategies (not ATM strategies), it can mess up position tracking. NinjaTrader relies on execution updates to be received first.

"this is the problem...you can not leave an ATM running and risk a disconnect (such as overnight while you are sleeping)"

We do not recommend to trade unattended at all. Since it is electronics, there is no telling what might happen when not monitoring your trading. Please note that I refer to the fill of the entry order which will submit ATM orders, I am not referring to running an ATM strategy. If NInjaTrader is not connected during the fill of the entry order, NinjaTrader will not receive a signal that the entry order is filled, so it will not trigger ATM orders either.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Response to post #15

Can you please send me your log and trace files for today, so I can check why cancellations are not accepted as well as new orders. Please send them in a new email to support[at]ninjatrader[dot]com. Put 'Attn Jason' in the subject header and reference this thread.

I do not see ChartTrader being related to the issue.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

workable solution for auto trading forex at MBTrading:

1. NEVER use atm templates to manually place trades nor to auto trade using AtmStrategyCreate code
        2. use EnterLong, EnterShort and SetTrailStop code only ...DO NOT use SetStopLoss or Limit or StopLimit orders

had my code place a couple of trades and watched MB connection lost and gained automatically...twice...on both occasions the above code kept the trailing stop in place and accessible after reconnect (SetStopLoss code did not..i.e. on reconnect the stop loss was gone...same as atm issue)

also, using SetTrailStop allows moving the stop at anytime before and after reconnect (SetStopLoss does not...i.e. the stop can not be moved...and is lost on disconnect)

so ...worst case with this code IMHO is on complete NT crash, the position and its stoploss are in place on MB server (stop probably will not trail).....on auto or manual reconnect to MB order server, stoploss is in place and can be moved....personally I am comfortable leaving this code unattended as it appears to perform the same as trading futures at Mirus with Zen-Fire feed...if this ceases to be the case, I will update this thread

Comment

tested and now have a workable solution for manual trading using Charttrader through MBTrading 'rollover' period (or internet disconnect) without atm issue dropping stop loss orders (answering my own question):

1. in Charttrader select 'none' ...i.e. NEVER use an atm template....also DO NOT use OCO at any time
          2. right click in chart to place entry order (limit or stoplimit)
          3. right click in chart to place corresponding stop to become a stop loss on fill of entry order (e.g. buy limit below market and sell stop below that)

on rollover, the account becomes unavailable for trading...after rollover, any existing positions still have their corresponding stoploss orders (this is not so if you entered with atm ...at least if filled during rollover/disconnected).....all outstanding/unfilled orders are again accessible.

this seems simple..however using atms with MB can be a real nightmare, as detailed in post above

Comment

Originally posted by ATI user View Post
            tested and now have a workable solution for manual trading using Charttrader through MBTrading 'rollover' period (or internet disconnect) without atm issue dropping stop loss orders (answering my own question):

1. in Charttrader select 'none' ...i.e. NEVER use an atm template....also DO NOT use OCO at any time
            2. right click in chart to place entry order (limit or stoplimit)
            3. right click in chart to place corresponding stop to become a stop loss on fill of entry order (e.g. buy limit below market and sell stop below that)

on rollover, the account becomes unavailable for trading...after rollover, any existing positions still have their corresponding stoploss orders (this is not so if you entered with atm ...at least if filled during rollover/disconnected).....all outstanding/unfilled orders are again accessible.

this seems simple..however using atms with MB can be a real nightmare, as detailed in post above
            So basically, one can trade with a manual or auto trailing stop, but that is about it ?

Comment

koganam

yes...from my experience everything else is subject to having an uncovered position if there is a disconnect..whether you are sitting there looking at it or not...and in some cases you will need to restart NT to regain control of the account

I am trading my forex cash account at MB now with anticipation that there will be a disconnect...i.e. either the auto code mentioned above or manual 'no atm' trades... and I am now fairly confident that I will always be covered at MB worst case... confident enough to leave it unattended ...with a small account balance anyway
              Last edited by ATI user; 03-28-2011, 08:49 PM.

Comment

manual atm trade MB cash account:
                GBP/USD Mar 29 2011

11:12:56 PM - long 1.5993 - manual charttrader trade using atm with 20 tick initial stop, 30 trail, no target
                ...went to sleep
                4:51:45 AM - auto trail stop up to 1.6052...bar high 1.6082...
                5:37:02 AM - MB confirmed disconnect
                5:37:03 AM - MB confirmed connected
                5:37:03 AM - ? confirmed position long, avg price 1.5993
                6:29:33 AM - ? confirmed working stop order at 1.6052
                6:29:35 AM - ? confirmed position long, avg price 1.5993
                6:29:35 AM - ? confirmed stop order filled 1.6051; NT logged execution
                ...woke up 6:35

conclusion: after disconnect, atm-placed stop order was recovered by NT and filled at MB as expected. this because the working order was on MB servers

still need to test disconnect during trail to see is trailing continues after reconnect...in this case the market did not go high enough after reconnect to test further auto trail...assumption is that NT would do the auto trailing and since the account and the working order were recovered on reconnect then auto trail would continue
                Last edited by ATI user; 03-30-2011, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DynamicTest  
                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post ScottWalsh