Collapse

Multiple Computers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok cool will that be included with license when purchased? Ive only used demo account and i know it expires often. Will the sim be unlimited use? Also as far as linking chart data like drawings etc computer to computer is that a possibility?

Example: Im charting on PC trading on laptop but have to go out bring my laptop to chart on my live account will i see the drawings and charting i saved from PC on the laptop?

Thanks for the quick response!

Comment

Hello roachapproach,

When purchasing a live license key we will provide you the license key details in a follow up email.

In regards to the NinjaTrader free simulation license key, this key does not have an expiration date and can be used for as long as you would like.

Unfortunately you will not be able to link two windows together from one PC to another, although with that being said you can create and save a workspace on one PC and then transfer this workspace to your other PC which will restore all saved settings:
      Ryan L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sounds good! Last thing I've saved workspaces and moved them to other computer in the past. I was thinking off linking workspace saved files to a program like dropbox so when i save workspace on one computer other computer will have same saved workspace since they will have the same save folder destination. Have you heard of this being done or can it cause any problems?

Comment

Hello roachapproach,

I have not specifically tested this setup with Dropbox although as long as the files are in the following folder they will be read by NinjaTrader:
          • C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\NinjaTrader 7

Comment

Thank you for your help!

Comment

Sounds interesting...Can you share your results?

Originally posted by roachapproach View Post
              Thank you for your help!

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                Yes. Im working on setting up on both computer now i will let you guys know if i get that to work.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
                  So Sledge i tried it different ways and have other ways i didn't try that might work.

- Install Ninja strait to dropbox (Even though I chose Destination for install to be dropbox folder it still installed program files in different locations. Gave me one error when loading up so i just gave up because the last thing you want when trading real money is corrupted files.)

- Ninja does not give you an option to choose destination folder for templates etc. Would be seamless!

- An option that I'm sticking with for now
                  Create a shortcut folder of main workspace folder put that in dropbox linked to both computers. When thats done i can save any workspace on main computer they will automatically be in shortcut folder saved in dropbox so just move them into second computer main workspace folder as needed. (Of Course you can do this with indicators drawings etc.)

- Now what i haven't tried but should work.

1. Like above create a shortcut folder of main workspaces (Documents/NinjaTrader7/workspaces) folder put shortcut in dropbox linked to both computers.

In the second computer dropbox folder you should now see workspaces shortcut folder.
                  Dropbox/workspaces_shortcut

2. Make a shortcut of the workspaces_shortcut folder seen in second computer dropbox.

3. Move that into second computers main NinjaTrader7 folder. Documents/NinjaTrader7/workspaces_shortcut

4. Rename it workspaces exactly how ninja created it. NinjaTrader7/workspaces (so remove shortcut)

5. Delete or it should overwrite the original workspaces folder.
                  (make sure to back up that folder before you delete)

So now what should happen if your on computer 1 you save a workspace it should save it to Ninjatrader7/workspace(Computer1) > Dropbox/workspace_shortcut(Computer1) then sync vie dropbox to Dropbox/workspace_shortcut(Computer2) > Ninjatrader7/workspace(computer2)

It should save files vise-versa as well so what ever was saved last from either computer will be the newest.

Now theoretically it should work. Probably will try tomorrow.
                  If it does work again can do the same for templates folder with drawings, indicators, Etc.....

Hope its understandable enough confused my self for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanL View Post
                    Hello roachapproach,

Thank you for your forum post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums!

If you plan on using NinjaTrader on two computers at the same time, one for live order entry and the other for technical analysis and charting you can use our free simulation license key on the PC that will not be used for order entry and a live license key on the laptop that you will be using for order entry.

Hi again. Im finally set up and was wondering where i can get a free simulation license key and is this data real time?

Comment

Hello roachapproach,

Thank you for the follow up.

You will be able to register for the free version of NinjaTrader from our download page under the section "New Users Register Here"

You will be sent an email after registering with the free simulation license key. Please make sure to check any junk or spam folders as sometimes this email is automatically routed to a junk or spam folder.

After downloading and installing NinjaTrader with the free simulation license key you will need to setup an account connection for real-time data:

Otherwise you can use the Kinetick End of Day (Free) connection that comes pre-installed with NinjaTrader for end of day data.

You can connect to it by going in NinjaTrader to > File > Connect > Kinetick - End of Day (free). This connection will give you access to historical Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Yearly data. Intraday data such as tick and minute data is not available.

Comment

Follow Up

Hi, I understand you have to use 2 computers for both live and demo trading but can you do both on one computer only? Be able to connect live and then disconnect and connect to demo trading? I ask this because I finally connected my live account and my demo account connection disappeared. I tried adding a new connection with my demo login and I cannot.

Comment

Hello XtraderFX,

Thank you for your post.

In order to help clear things up I will need some additional information from you. Could you please contact me by email at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com? In the message please include the following:
                          1.) A link to this forum thread.
                          2.) The name of the demo and live providers which you are connecting to.
                          3.) A copy of the license key which you will find in NinjaTrader's Help > License Key menu.
                          KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post algospoke  
                          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes