Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cannot get rid of old contract in the DOM.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot get rid of old contract in the DOM.

When I rolled from TF 03-11 to TF 06-11, I used the instrument manager to take away TF 03-11 from the default list. So it is no longer on the default list, and it is not shown in the Historical Data Manager.

But it still appears in the DOM. I cannot get rid of it. I tried everything.

If I add TF 03-11 to the default list, save and then take it away, it will indeed go away from the DOM. So I saved the workspace to make sure that it does not come back. But with the next start of NinjaTRader the old contract sits in the DOM again.

I also deleted the DOM and added a new one. Did not help either. The new DOM will select TF 03-11 as its default instrument, and back it is.

Could you please tell me, how to get rid of it? I do not want to reset my instrument or reinstall NinjaTrader from scratch.
    Last edited by Harry; 03-23-2011, 10:55 AM.

Harry,

It is likely because you have TF 03-11 saved as default to the SuperDOM settings. Please set your SuperDOM to use a different instrument, right click > bring up Properties > Set Default. It will now use your newly set instrument as default instead of TF 03-11. Close the DOM, reopen a new one = opens with your new instrument and not TF 03-11.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Not connected -> DOM Properties -> Reset: Instrument will no longer be displayed.

Second step -> DOM Properties -> Set Default: I expect that a new DOM will now be reset.

Third Step -> Close DOM and open new DOM: The instrument reappears. Why?

Comment

Hi Josh,

thanks for your answer My last post was written in parallel with yours. I finally got rid of the problem by selecting a new default instrument.

What I had tried before is to delete the default instrument (= no instrument) and set this as a default. However, this will set the default to the deleted instrument and not to empty.

If I replace the deleted instrument with another one, it sets the default correctly. Now used an instrument, which is not rolled to avoid problems.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
        16 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Leafcutter  
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post WHICKED