Feature request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request

Are there any plans to have the Work Space saved automatically in case of a system crash... As it is no If I've made extensive mods to my setups, charts, etc within a workspace and my system goes down, that's all lost... So I have to remind myself to save the WS after I make any changes... An auto save every X min would help and tho do this automatically during a crash would help too.

Are there any plans to allow us to reorder the entries withing a Market analyzer?

Are there any plans to allow us to automatically launch a chart by clicking on a MA entry.

I run 32 bit NT7 (latest versions) on a 32 bit/Windows XP system and the 64-bit NT7 on a multicore 64 bit Windows Vista (64 bit) system, and it seems link the XP/32 bit system runs faster... Is this my imagination? Are there hints for optimizing the 64 bit version to run faster?

I just loaded eSignal up on the 64-bit system for following stocks and ETF's and a lot of what I mentioned above I can do... I've got quotes, charts, news, watch lists, hot lists, etc, blinking red and green highlights... My dog is hypnotized watching it... NT7 is great and evolving... I look forward to seeing what it becomes... One of the best packages available.

TIA for the answers

Hello dmking,

Thank you for posting.

1.) This is on development's list of future considerations, but I don't have an ETA for implementation.

2.) "Are there any plans to allow us to reorder the entries withing a Market analyzer?"

I don't understand what you're looking for here, please clarify so that I can forward your suggestion on to development.

3.) This suggestion is also on development's list of future considerations.

4.) The 64 bit version should be faster as it has access to more memory. That said, the only way to improve the performance of the software is to reduce what the software is loading. A list of performance tips is available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm
    KyleNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Feature Request

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kyle View Post
      Hello dmking,

Thank you for posting.

1.) This is on development's list of future considerations, but I don't have an ETA for implementation.

2.) "Are there any plans to allow us to reorder the entries withing a Market analyzer?"

I don't understand what you're looking for here, please clarify so that I can forward your suggestion on to development.

3.) This suggestion is also on development's list of future considerations.

4.) The 64 bit version should be faster as it has access to more memory. That said, the only way to improve the performance of the software is to reduce what the software is loading. A list of performance tips is available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ance_tips2.htm

Thanks Kyle,

Look forward to seeing some of this...

Regarding 2, What I mean is, The Market Analyzer has information regarding an Instrument. Lets say that I enter information on a dozen instruments and later want to group them in a different way, say all of the Ag instruments in the MA together, all of the metals, etc. Right now, I can't do that...

Another thing is, I may not have charts of for all of the instruments in the MA, maybe one or two... It would be nice if I saw the action picking up on an instrument in the MA that is not charted and quickly wanted to see what was happening with the price action. It would be great to click on the instrument that I was interested in and a predefined/default chart of that instrument would come up.

I hope that this is clear and answers your question.

Regards,

D

Comment

Hi dmking,

1.) You can re-order the rows in the MA via the Columns menu. (using the up/down arrow buttons)

Is this different than what you're looking for? For instance, are you looking for this to happen automatically?

2.) I'll forward this suggestion on and will update you with the tracking number as soon as I hear back.

Comment

Hi dmking,

1.) You can re-order the rows in the MA via the Columns menu. (using the up/down arrow buttons)

Is this different than what you're looking for? For instance, are you looking for this to happen automatically?

2.) I'll forward this suggestion on and will update you with the tracking number as soon as I hear back.
          Hi Kyle,

It seems to me that the Column Menu rearranges the Column Headings. Suppose that you have 5 Instruments:
          ES
          SI
          ZB
          CL
          GC

and you want to arrange them as:
          ES
          ZB
          GC
          SI
          CL

It would be nice if I could drag and drop the Row to where ever I wanted it. If you have a large MA/Watch List and you add to it, it seems like this would be a good way to keep the Instruments organized... Add on the ability to click on an instrument and its chart appears... Bonus...

Comment

Hi dmking,

Thanks for the clarification - I was obviously looking at that question the wrong way.

What you're describing here is actually possible in NT 7. The system is drag-and-drop exactly as you outlined.

Per the MA/Chart link - one work around you could put in place right now would be to use a linked chart and market analyzer. This way, when a row is selected in the MA, the linked chart automatically switches to that instrument. More information about window linking is available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_windows.htm

Comment

Hi dmking,

Thanks for the clarification - I was obviously looking at that question the wrong way.

What you're describing here is actually possible in NT 7. The system is drag-and-drop exactly as you outlined.

Per the MA/Chart link - one work around you could put in place right now would be to use a linked chart and market analyzer. This way, when a row is selected in the MA, the linked chart automatically switches to that instrument. More information about window linking is available here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...ng_windows.htm
              DOH!!

I swear I tried that awhile ago and it didn't work! Honest!!!... What a maroon!

Thanks for the char linking heads up as well...

Thanks for staying on top of this Kyle... Good Job!

Out

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes