Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Database too big?

Hello,

I wonder if the database in HDM is growing too big as charts take some time too long to load up. Is there an efficient way to keep the data in HDM from growing too much?

I have the "Get data from server (if available)" option ticked in Control Center/Tools/Options but still the HDM is growing bigger and bigger.

Does the size of the database in HDM affect PC performance (by slowing down the loading of chart data)? If so, what is your advice here? I do not think I really need to keep so much data on the database, but it is a cumbersome process to have to delete it one instrument and/or one date at a time.

Thanks,

Stopped

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post.

This should not be as much of an issue since we use a new database system for this. Chart data is stored as binary data direct to the hard drive instead of in a database like it was in NinjaTrader 6.5 therefor this should be less of a concearn.

Can you please goto My Documents->NinjaTrader 7-> and right click on the fodler db and select properties and let me know what size this folder is reported to be.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hi Brett,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I actually checked the db file and it is tiny (just 5MB). So as you say this should not cause any problems.

I have noticed, however, that when I have had my laptop on for a whole day and I start switching between charts they tend to take longer to load up (particularly the current bar of the daily chart, which I think it is build using intraday data until the data provider sends a new bar at the close).

Not really a problem, just curious what may be causing this slower performance as the day progresses.

Thanks,

Stopped

Comment

Hello,

Do you have any automatic strategies running that might be outputting information to the log? This would be known issue to slow down NinjaTrader over time depending on how much information is being logged.

Other then this, we have out performance tips and information I would start implementing to resolve this:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7