Error on Generating Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on Generating Strategy

I have been trying to generate new strategies today using strategy analyzer. However, regardless of what strategy I am trying to save or compile, I get an error: "Error on generating strategy". I was able to save the same strategy earlier. This is happening with all my previously saved strategies as well as new strategies

Please see those tips / steps here to help iron out those present NinjaScript programming errors - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

All your scripts will need to be in so called compilable state (no programming errors), as NinjaTrader compiles all those into one DLL assembly to be used at runtime.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      Please see those tips / steps here to help iron out those present NinjaScript programming errors - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

All your scripts will need to be in so called compilable state (no programming errors), as NinjaTrader compiles all those into one DLL assembly to be used at runtime.
      I have not generated the code manually. I have used the strategy analyzer's 'Strategies' feature to develop the code. It is quite unusual that the code generated by the strategy analyzer is generating errors

Comment

Correct, normally this should not be the source of your issues - please try the manual compile of scripts nonetheless to investigate why this message is being thrown, perhaps you're just missing a reference dll...

Thanks,
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Using 5 min SMA in 5 Range Chart

I have developed a strategy which works on 5 Range chart. However, I would like to use the 200 SMA of a 5 Min chart in my strategy instead of the 200 SMA of the 5 Range chart.

I have already added the 5 minute bar data as follows:

protected override void Initialize()

{

// Add a 5 minute Bars object to the strategy
          Add(PeriodType.Minute, 5);

How do I replace the following code to refer to the SMA of the 5 min chart?

&& Close[0] > SMA (200)[0]

As you can see I am a Newbie programmer

Comment

Hello there, when you add additional data series to a script, there are more arrays created to store the additional data. The primary instrument's most recent close will be stored in Closes[0][0], while the additional instrument's closes will be stored in Closes[1][0]. Likewise, you can reference these closes in the moving average calculation:
            Code:
            double fiveMinSMA = SMA(Closes[1], 200)[0];
            AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Kaledus
            by Kaledus